Friday, November 2, 2012

Praise God, another mania

Ron and I aren't friendly with a lot of people; we seldom took any relationship past "Hi howya doing". We might get together and eat somewhere, but we seldom had them over, or went to visit them ourselves.

Yes, back in the "day", he isolated me.  He felt very threatened if I gave attention to other people.

So, last night was a HUGE deal, we went over to our buddy Pete's house.  He's the one who fixed the bathroom - something about an experience like that really bonded us!  It was challenging, but he told us last night he had a lot of fun, and "needed to do the work at that time".  Keep his mind of other things.

Of course Metrolift was late.  God bless the cell phone.  We had a very interesting driver.  I don't know what it is, but many people love to tell me about their medical problems.  So, I listened.  I got to hear all about the surgery.  [grin]

I need to start asking "Do you have any pets?".

We had a straight trip, a very nice change from the "usual".  The rides have been particularly awful, the last month or so.  However, the trips yesterday and today were excellent, textbook even.  So, maybe things are changing for the better.

We hung out, ate pizza.  I got Pete cigars, he smoked one and liked it.  Good.  Our pickup was really late, they called a cab, and the driver was pretty sullen, but he was a skilled driver and got us home quickly.

It amazes me how fast people can get around in a car, as opposed to the bus.  Today I needed to run 3 errands, and I didn't think we could do it.

However, Ron managed to work it out.  I got to Foodtown, got some groceries.  I got to Walmart, and did everything but my deposit.  Then, we went to service our "other" vending machine and I ran to a dollar store.  I like my gardenia carpet fresh, and I also got Ron a can of jasmine room spray.

I hate the fruit medley he uses.  I think it was the brand he used in the hospital; while in the bathroom, he'd be squirting the stuff everywhere.  One time he "maced" me with it.  It's a good thing he's blind or I'd have had to slap him!   I smelled tropical fruits, tasted them, in everything, for days.

Anyway, I hate the stuff.  I don't want food fragrances associated with the litter box.

Let me travel back in time, and tell you a story about a stray cat, a studio apartment, and a can of peach air freshener.  Ron and I were staying in a studio apartment, about 250 square feet, in a badly converted garage.  The slumlord left the garage door in place to fool the housing inspector.  If the place had caught on fire, I would have died.  We had one tiny window and two doors.

We acquired a scarred stray cat, a female, with blue point markings.  I believe she was some sort of Siamese.  She wasn't super cuddly but she liked to sleep on the bed with us.  We got her a litter box and  boy, a small studio apartment is really confined.

Ron and I went to Target (I worked there), and checked out the various room freshener sprays.  We liked the peach.  So, every time the cat had a bowel movement, we'd spray peach air freshener.

I still associate the scent of peaches, with the smell of feline waste.  Very bad call.

So, I was looking around at the store today.  They had a lot of wonderful pine air fresheners, and a big chunk of my fun money went to a couple of air wick refills in the pine.  I also got the Glade candle, "Shimmering Spruce".  I already burned one, and loved it so much I got another today.  The other fresheners were all things like "Apples & Cinnamon" "Holiday Cookie" and "Caramel".  They had a dark chocolate cherry fragrance cone, and I thought I might just use that if it were only me; because chocolate gives me migraines anyway.  But it would ruin chocolate for Ron, so I won't.

Ron wanted the automatic air freshener, so we got that and placed it near the box.  It should "freshen" as she's digging.   He also wanted immediate air freshening, in the form of a spray, so I found a can of jasmine room spray at the dollar store.  That should do the trick.  Those dollar store sprays are really potent.

Half of them triggered allergy attacks for Ron, and I had to get rid of them.  Hopefully he likes this, and who cares if we use jasmine around the box?

I, wisely I thought, spent all the mania "Buy!  Buy!" at the dollar store and spent about $14.  I needed the house cleaning things, Ron wanted chips, etc.

In fact, that was kind of funny.  Ron had left his phone at home.  I realized this.  I was "supposed" to go to the dollar store and then to the fast food place, bringing lunch.  Ron had mentioned wanting Lay's Stax, so I went ahead and got a can in his favorite flavor (sour cream).  At the restaurant, they had a cheeseburger special, so I got him that, with a small fry.

I got back to the store and Ron was moping.  "I got you the chips you like" he perked up "And a cheeseburger special with a small fry".  Ron almost cried; because I know him so well, I anticipated his choices even without communication.

Ron's love language, "acts of service" was also perfectly met by my going out and getting him the things he wanted and needed.

That's what I love about being married, long-term, the bond, the ability to anticipate someone else's desires.  It is really amazing for me to think that as well as I know Ron, God knows him to his core, every last atom, thought, and need.  I'm glad God loves him too.

I, in the meantime, will be investing my mania in organizing, mowing the yard, and a Bible Handout sometime next week.  In Cracktown.  I'm getting "itchy" to go back.

2 comments:

Skeeter said...

Rawn's love language is treat Heather like shit because he knows you will still do whatever it is he wants you to do for him.

icebear said...

Skeeter, don't be an ass.