Sunday, November 18, 2012

We've come so far

I should have known better.

I bagged up wool blankets, two of them, in a zippered vinyl pillowcase with a handful of mothballs, storing it in the laundry room.  I would have thought the pillow case was airtight, apparently not.  The whole laundry room reeks of mothballs.

I wanted a good fragrance in the laundry room.  Instead, I'm stuck with the fragrance of naphthalene.  Typing that reminded me I needed to do laundry, and when I went in the laundry room every vessel in my head constricted.

A shout out to Shout gel.  Good stuff.  I love it; Ron is messy and I end up treating a lot of stains.

After I put up the wool blankets, I played with my new air freshener.  I got a can of the piney stuff.  I love it.  I refilled my plug in warmers and turned them up, filling the house with pine fragrance.

Then I ate a loaded-with-MSG Cup of Noodles for dinner.   On Day One of my cycle.

Not surprisingly, and in spite of the painkillers I'd already taken for cramps, I woke up with a headache.  I wanted to go to church, Ron skipped the last 2 weeks, so I took my headache pills and climbed in the shower.

The shower sort of worked.  We got to church and had a good time.  Poor Ron had to listen to me singing "Revelation Song".




I make a joyful, but not very harmonious, noise unto the Lord.  I find it interesting, God says in particular "Psalm 98:4  Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises." (NKJV)

God doesn't mind!  So, I sing away.  Ron kind of cringes a little, sometimes, but God love him, he understands.

Today I was standing there in church, Ron at my side, thinking "We've come so far".   A year ago, he was having regular blackouts and called the police because he lost his keys, then screamed profanities at the officers for a solid 10 minutes because they refused to arrest me.

A year later, he's asking if I had his Bible, shared a little in my God Time, gave me some good news about finances (Tmobile gave us this month's service for free), read his MP3 Bible while we waited on our ride, told me how much he loved me, and couldn't do it without me, happy about going to church, went to church, participated in church, helping me plan my next Bible Handouts,  cleaning the litter box, helping me when I told him I had the migraine, very solicitous overall.   He's also incredibly appreciative, which means a lot.

People wonder why I stay - and this is why.  Ron can't do this on his own, but if he lets God get behind him he's an amazing husband.

No comments: