Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ask

I am happy living with an active alcoholic.  I leave him to God.  I pray for him, love him, which means setting boundaries, and ask God to help us with good communication.

I am happy living with a blind man in a wheelchair.  I know God will give him a new body one day (1 Corinthians 15:44
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.)  I also value his spirit above the envelope.  It's just a husk.  He cherishes and values my contributions, every day.  

I am happy living with a damaged brain.  I know God is using it for his glory.  

2 Corinthians 12:9

New King James Version (NKJV)
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I've got the power of Christ resting on me.  I don't need a perfect mind.  

I am happy living without a car, or the ability to drive.  I have planted many seeds of evangelism among my drivers and other passengers, on public transit.  I couldn't do that in a car.  

I am happy making a low-income.  God has used it as an opportunity to shower me with His blessings. I may eat a lot of lentils, but my needs are covered.   Timothy 6:8
And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.   - I've got the enough food to eat and clothes for work and home.  I'm happy.  [I'm also thrilled my church isn't one of those "fashion show" churches]

I am happy, serving others. It's what God's called me to do.  Galatians 5:13
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Colossians 3:23-24

New King James Version (NKJV)
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. 


[I've talked about this, it really angers me when I see "evangelists" giving themselves exalted titles and importance - we are servants.  If we title ourselves, it should be, simply, "servant".   I'm a servant.  I serve God, my husband, my vending customers, and others.  I'll go wherever He sends me.]  

I am happy, without children.  God didn't call me to that.  He may give me some children in Heaven, He knows what would make me happy.  It doesn't matter.  I have a lot of spiritual children I helped.  That's what matters.  

I am happy, in a life many would find difficult; because God is with me always.  Always, God is with me.  He wants to be with you - you just need to ask.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! Happy Thanksgiving, Heather x

Crazygranny said...

You are as sick as he is right now and can not see it
Feel better soon

Heather Knits said...

Wow. Just wow.

I know certain groups will only be happy if I leave or murder Ron. Sorry, not happening.