Thursday, November 15, 2012

That's a NO

It's been a busy day.  Sitting here with my *dry mouth* feeling a little whiny about side effects.

I got paid today, but need to spend a third of my paycheck on "healthcare".  I need a lithium blood test and a doctor visit.  I don't mind paying for them.

I don't know what healthcare will look like, for me, in a couple years.  All I know is I am WELL qualified for Medicaid.  I have zero assets, except the house, which would about break even if sold.  All our equity got eaten in the recession.

Maybe my blood tests will be free.  Maybe whoever I am seeing for the bipolar disorder, will want more of them.  Maybe not, cost cutting and all.  I only get a couple a year as it is.  I only see my doc a couple times a year, in my opinion, all I need to do.

Doc has referred to me as "very stable" and enjoys having me meet with the residents.  I find that a good compliment.  I am pretty articulate and very open about my illness.

I got up early and went into work.  We did it all.  Sales are better, thank God.  One of the guys told me they are calling more overtime, which means better sales.  God bless Christmas.

Ron paid me and even had money left for more inventory.  Yay.  We got some papers off to Austin so we can get our money back for the hotel.

We got everything done, and went off to our other location.  It had a bad coin mech and was ripping off the customers.  That's a NO.  I will tolerate a lot from a vending machine, but never that.

He tried to repair it, but it needed to be replaced.  So, he did.  Ron and I got some lunch and came home.

I took a nap.  I had a very interesting dream.  I was a cleric in a medieval world, madly in love with my fellow (male) cleric, and married.  My husband had been lost in a battle far away, and I knew he was alive - married folk on this world had a connection, physical and mental.  When the connection was broken both parties would know.

Married couples, when married, each developed a matching sigil on the palm of their left hands.  When the marriage was dissolved or one party died, the sigil immediately disappeared.  So, I knew my husband was alive.

My husband, in the meantime, had fallen madly in love with a peasant woman who saved him, and had fathered a couple of children with her.  Our children (twins, a boy and girl) were in their vocations (a scribe and a soldier), we had been separated for many years, about 20.

In the meantime we were each in love with someone else.  My partner loved me, but was unaware I returned the feelings until I was attacked by an enemy (apparently clerics could assist in defense of the castle).  My defenses down, fighting for my life, he saw me.  That was forbidden, to see inside someone's soul without their express permission, but he did.  He fell even more in love, realizing I loved him deeply, but I was married.

However, my husband, having that emotional connection, knew I had come near death and decided to visit.  He had been hiding, ashamed.  He came to the castle with his family and I went out to meet him.

I knew, wherever he was, he had been very happy.  I also suspected he had another woman.  But, since I loved my guy, I was OK with it.

He walked up to me, immediately dissolved our marriage, turned, and married his concubine.  She'd had a tough life, engaged to be married, but gang raped and impregnated instead.  She had her first child on her own and lived a difficult life until she found *him* near death.  Pretty hard to hate her.

However, in the dream, I went up to the tower, crying.  We did a lot of the rituals on the tower, to protect everyone, and keep everyone healthy.  My coworker came up with me, consoling me, and then proposed.

I wasn't sure it was God's will until He gave a dramatic sign of His approval.  He put the sigils on our hands, the right hands (apparently clerics had a different "wedding" hand, and clerics could marry other clerics), along with another sigil indicating "God's Blessing".

We got married and everyone had a big feast.

I told you I had interesting dreams.  No, I don't play any online games either.

Ron says he has never heard of someone like me, with detailed dreams.  At least this was a good one with a nice happy ending.  The others can be pretty grim.


3 comments:

icebear said...

i have weird dreams like that too

Anonymous said...

You should write romance novels, this is awesome!!

Paula

Melanie said...

My goodness! I can barely remember if I dream at all, much less the details! The few I can remember are the run of the mill, dreaming that I'm falling and waking up as I hit the ground, that kind of thing. I've had a few weirder dreams in my life, but they were apparently so insignificant that I can no longer remember them, though I remember breathlessly regaling my husband with them at the time. The only thing I can vaguely remember is the frustrating kind where you're stuck in some situation or doing something repetitive and even as I'm dreaming, I'm aware that the only escape is to wake up, but I have a hard time forcing myself to wake up and escape whatever the trap or problem is. I hate that.

I don't like dreaming, I think it interferes with my sleep :D