Monday, November 5, 2012

Better than the alternative

So, I hear the democratic supporters are saying they will riot of their guy loses.

Hm.  MIGHT be a good time to stock up on groceries, if you ask me.  Fill your gas tank.  If you have a gun, get a little ammo.  Get extra pet food.  If you don't need it you can just use it up.  Ideally, you will also go to the ATM and get some cash, especially some small bills if you can.

I need to get some Jello.  I don't have a lot of "treats" in my emergency food.   I could use a bag of kitten food, and Ron needs some more peanut butter crackers.

Do I think the incumbent is leaving office?  Well, I sure hope so.  I know a lot of people are very angry at him.  I know the unemployment rate is horrible for black youth, and the black population has suffered more, economically, than any other racial group.  When you're unemployed, your kid is sitting on the couch every day, and your savings are gone, you're going to start looking for someone to blame. When you think "I had a job and my kid had a good job, 4 years ago, and I had thousands in savings - we still had the house... and now...."  I think a lot of private voting will not go as expected.

Now, a big thing I hear from the democrats, both in person and here in the blog "Well, I'm doing fine, I don't know what you're talking about."  Good for you.  However, you are in the minority.

Since I'm white, a lot of black people assume I will vote republican, and they're right.  Not because I am white, but because I support a conservative platform.  The republicans have corruption, things I don't like on the platform, etc, but they are better than the alternative.

That was a famous saying of my Dad "Better than the alternative".

Frankly, I expect riots either way.


5 comments:

Melanie said...

Whatever the outcome, more than anything I pray to be at peace about it because no matter what it's ultimately in God's hands, and could be in no better. I know what I think would be better, which is Obama gone and Romney in, especially with the House and the Senate, but whichever way it goes, I pray for the "peace which passeth all understanding" because God's got this no matter what. I don't envy future generations the battles they have coming, but they will have to fight those, just as we are supposed to fight ours, just as those who came before had to fight theirs.



God bless you Heather and God bless our country, and especially those in harm's way tonight on her behalf.

Anonymous said...

"Frankly, I expect riots either way. "of course you do
The end of the world is nigh

Heather Knits said...

Go ahead and laugh. I'm still praying for you.

Heather Knits said...

Thank you, Melanie. (((hugs)))

Whatever happens, God has our back. Good to know. How do the unbelievers do it?

Melanie said...

Sorry I didn't see this before Heather, life was "happening", lol. (((hugs))) to you also:)

I don't know how unbelievers do it, because I'm a believer with all the faith in God's promises that entails, and even I find myself getting too invested in this political process, and have to pull back and look towards God, from whence comes my help-NOT any politician. But once I do pull back, stand further away, the picture comes into focus and I can see the whole thing. It's a comforting picture when I see it all, especially the part showing the hand of God, which is left out when I'm up too close. Kind of like when widescreen movies are "pan and scanned" to fit the old standard TV screen. The story the director was telling is distorted :) In the case of this world, God is the Great Director.