Saturday, November 17, 2012

Begging for a mania

Boy, Ron's in a dour mood.  Current events have him very depressed.

And, boy I wasn't much of a treat myself - very irritable.  Which is why, after reading the first line and realizing I was in trouble, I took my medication early (a few hours).

I should add, I don't do anything my doctor hasn't told me to do.  He said, if I'm having a hard time, it is OK to take my lithium a little early.  He just wants all of it, in me, every day.

I realized "I'm in no shape to blog, my blackness will just feed and grow, I need to take my pills and lie down for a while."

So, I ate a big bowl of cornflakes, shared with the kitten, and laid down for a while.  Sure enough, I had the "flight of ideas".  It's like a big swarm of bats got loose in my head, and they're flying around, screeching, and it's hard to think.

"Boy" I thought "Manias can really suck.  Maybe the depression won't be so bad after all."  I'm about due for depression.  

Of course, a week into the depression I'll be begging for a mania.  But, for now, I'm about done with mine.

I did get a lot of purging, organizing, and cleaning accomplished.  I did a lot of laundry and found places to store it.   I played with the kitten.

Ron laughed pretty hard this morning as I ran up and down the hall (about 20 feet), dragging a cat toy, screeching "Git it!  Git it!  That's MINE!"  She loves "That's mine" as I yank it away.

Ron was right, the kitten's a lot of fun when I'm manic.  But no one, including me, can operate at that energy level for long.

I'm glad I have the lithium on board.  In fact, one problem I've had is trying not to do everything.  I want to do everything but I don't have a lot of focus.  And I have to be careful, moving things around, I don't hurt myself.

Ron needs a strong back at work.

No comments: