Friday, November 9, 2012

Another vampire book! YUCK!

Take two.  The first post was very irritable.

As I was declaiming my viewpoints to Ron, he said "You're very passionate, I love you!"  Then he reminded me of a dream I had.  I decided to share that instead.

I was in a resort of some sort, on a beach.  They had a huge BBQ restaurant, an open platform design with a roof.  Ron and I were sitting at a table, talking (he could see).  All of a sudden, I heard an announcement.  "Will the owner of the spotted cat please come to table 100?"

I jumped up, Ron following me on his own.  We rushed over to table 100, to find Baby Girl eating a rib, while standing on the table.  I picked her up, apologizing.  The lady who'd been petting her said "OH, that's fine, she's so cute!" while the "husband" glared (maybe it was his pork rib).   Then I woke up.

Poor Ron.  He just yelled "Another vampire book - YUCK!"  He's not happy with his choices from the state library.

So, how did it go, working the night shift?  It was fun.  Yesterday we went to the warehouse during business hours and got my snack supplies.  We came home.

Later that night, we went to work.  I unloaded my supplies, got the handcart and wheelchair, and came back.  Ron got into the wheelchair.  I loaded supplies on the hand cart and rolled it inside.

Some of the newer employees did double-takes at the blind man in the wheelchair.  The older ones were thrilled to see us.  I got all my stocking done and the machines looked so much better.  I had a special request to bring back a value line cookie, which I'm happy to do.  Then I helped Ron.

What, you may ask, does "helping Ron entail"?  Well, the easiest is "What's this Heather?"  Identifying things for Ron.  I may also need to put sodas on a handcart for Ron to stock, bottled or can; and replace the sodas in the fridge.  If I take out cold inventory I need to replace it, and I do.

It's dawning on me I don't actually talk about my job.

Ron, on his own, does inventory of the can and bottled drinks.  He stocks bottled drinks, if they are on a cart or a small box.  He checks and cleans the coffee machine.  I put in the coffee machine powders.  We share responsibility on stocking the canned sodas.   Snack machines are my baby.  I stock everything.  I also make sure Ron's OK.  You get the idea.

Busy, busy, lots of physical labor, which I enjoy.  Ron finds that impossible to understand.

Ron's ride just came, to take him to the liquor store.  I kept an eye out, and sure enough, Baby Girl tried to get into the vehicle.  I had to extract her.

She definitely takes after her father.  If a cat looked like me, she probably would come the closest, brown hair and eyes.

Never a dull moment with Baby Girl.

No comments: