Monday, June 14, 2010

"You know this is an attack, don't you?"

I can only recount the last 24 hours by frying my brain with heavy metal. It has been WILD.

Last night, I left the cat door open. If I wanted my God Time I would have to get up at about 4:30 AM. Unfortunately, I forgot about the door hook. I had rearranged things and hung one on the main bathroom door. Ron bangs the bathroom door in such a way that the door hook makes a loud, resounding CLANG. I had noted it during the migraine but other things distracted me. One of the first things I did when I got up was move the hook! [laugh]

Every time he got up (at least several times, he had some kind of GI virus this weekend), CLANG woke me up. Then, just to add to the excitement, loud squealing and squeaking. Yup, another mouse. All night long I heard the poor thing.

[loud, prolonged groan] So I got basically NO sleep. First thing when I got up was disposing of the poor terrorized thing (still alive). I got an old box and a newspaper, another good squeal and then put it out in the yard. I doubt it will ever willingly come into my house again.

Bubba KNEW I was mad, I actually caught him with it and he ran off immediately. I still haven't seen him.

I fixed the door hook, while I was thinking about it. I took my shower. God Time. Ron had one of his long, "Why" sessions and I finally told him "Remember I am going through the day with very little sleep today. I don't have my usual tolerances."

Our first trip was fine, on time, got us to work early even. I told Ron we would probably need the time. I was right.

Debating here, as I chew on a nail, how much to reveal. Answer: not much.

I did a lot of running around as soon as I hit the ground, snacks were nearly empty and had to be stocked. I had to do some pallet unloading and all. I was glad I keep an extra microfiber shirt at work. I'm wearing it now, once I put it in it was constant running around! [laugh]

Anyway, on Mondays, as a favor to someone, I let them know when a delivery arrives. The guy calls me. For whatever reason this other person refuses to bring a cell phone to work.

This person was talking to Ron, and I told Ron (who heard me and went looking for a cold Coke for Delivery Guy) and the other person. I said it twice, and went off to get my delivery.

I came back and didn't see the other guy. I stocked the machine. The next thing I know this guy is yelling at Ron that I never told him about the delivery. I told Ron, "I said it TWICE, and if I didn't why did you go looking for a Coke?" He agreed, but the other guy was not rational at all.

He started screaming things like "THANKS A LOT HEATHER! A LITTLE HELP MAYBE?" stuff like that. I said "I told you twice, how many times..." and he interrupted me with more shouting and threats.

Oh. God. Good thought, I pray about it and find myself saying "Name, if you have a problem with me, bring it up with my supervisor." I then turned on my headphones full blast (more shouting on his end, but I didn't hear it) and locked myself in my stockroom. I had WORK. I did it.

Later on, he kept making "smart" comments like "Maybe Heather didn't take her pills today, did you take your pills, Heather?" in a very nasty sarcastic tone of voice. I just ignored him. Obviously, the boy ain't RIGHT. Had I been of a mind to repay evil for evil, I would have asked him if he'd taken HIS. [raised eyebrows]

It wasn't the other blind vendor, who witnessed the whole thing and gave me not one, but two hugs. He said I "did great" handling the guy.

Ron sarcastically remarked that he never "saw" the guy after I told him to take it to Ron. See, Ron DOES NOT LIKE people yelling at me. It infuriates him. This guy knows it and didn't yell at me in front of Ron, but Ron heard it.

He agreed with me, the guy came into work looking for a fight and was willing to use any excuse to "go off". I also think the Devil kind of pointed him my way. I am sure my evangelism pisses off the bad guys.

So, work is finally done. Only an HOUR AND A HALF WAIT out in the heat on our ride. Then the driver is so paranoid about Ron falling she keeps crowding him and almost MAKES him fall. [rolleyes] Then I said "left" instead of "right" when giving directions and she was very unkind laughing about it.

"Boy, you're sure stupid today!" I told her, it is my disability. She didn't care, she was having too much fun yukking it up. Unfortunately, we had her twice, she took us to Foodtown.

I was supposed to go to Foodtown on Saturday but the migraine laid me flat. I got a few little things yesterday but not real groceries. We did have a good ride home from Foodtown.

Oh, and Ron's tooth has been bothering him all weekend so I GET TO GO TO THE DENTIST with Ron! AGH. Hopefully that will be a timely trip.

Pray for me, I can use it today!

[When I knocked over something in the fridge putting away the groceries, Ron reminded me of what I'd said earlier "You know this is all an attack, don't you?" ] YOU BETCHA.

Stupid, though. That just makes me MORE determined to hand out my stuff. Well, God's stuff.

No comments: