Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yes, we have the money

Ron said he is worried about me burning out, and wants to "help" me. He offered to pay for a hotel for a couple of days if I wanted, and agreed that I need to HAVE FUN on my day off. That was nice, especially since we had to go in to work today.

I had to explain, to yet ANOTHER vendor, that yes, while we appear to be losers we really do have the money in the account. We haven't had everyone yell at us but it looks to be maybe $100-200 dollars on overdrafts on the six checks. Ron plans to take all the invoices and complain formally to the bank.

We went to Sam's Club this morning, and I got some candy and snack items for my machines. I managed to score two cases (about 180 muffins total) of the Otis Spunkmayer assorted muffins. They have a great food cost, and an even better following. That's one item where people will go up to Ron and say "Where's the muffin? I want a muffin!" We also got a flat of "Apple Crack" a very addictive apple pastry. We decided to rename the lemon pound cake the "Jumbos" instead of "Runts". They used to be very small; now they're huge and very popular.

I cannot thank God enough for the gluten intolerance. I had, literally, one spoonful of noodles off Ron's plate recently and days later I have about half a dozen assorted hives.

I find it very interesting that my ankles, when I'm hivey (even if it's only a few) are always very sensitive and itchy-feeling. I wear ankle socks every day (with my bermudas, t-shirt, and sneakers) and it can be pretty uncomfortable. Lesson learned, for now.

I ate some excellent beef stew for breakfast, but it didn't stick around long. I need to get a bigger piece of cheese with it next time. Physically I'm fine.

I had a LONG nap today and that helped. I find it interesting: on Lexapro, I needed a 4 hour nap and ideally 10 hours sleep every day. On Wellbutrin I may sweat a lot and get hot flashes, but I only need an hour nap most days. Really indulgent? An hour and a half. I feel better on the Wellbutrin anyway.

I had posted some stuff about Jesus and my views on the local news site message board. Now, I can't log in. Huh. Well, if God has seekers for me to reach they can find me here. I had a tendency to make harsh-judging comments anyway.

I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. The only 2 real mandates, I think are Go Out and Have Fun.

No comments: