Friday, June 4, 2010

If the clutter is bothering me..

Well, I'm off. I slept in, did my God time, picked up the front room. We have a pretty classic Houston home, very modest, less than 1000 square feet. The living area is in the front of the house, one big room essentially, and the bedrooms and bathroom are in the back. The front room's about 400 or so square feet.

If the clutter is bothering me, I know it's bad. I need to hurry up and call Salvation Army to come pick up the bag of stuff, and figure out how to arrange my evangelism stuff. I have a storage footstool that ought to hold the bibles, tracts, and candy. I'll have to evict the fancy yarn currently residing in it; find a home for that. Which leads me to the yarn in the garage, I have got to do some purging and organizing on that. Get rid of the old cardboard box from Ikea.

AGH. Not much fun for a day off; so I'm off to do something "fun".

One very nice man once told me, if I needed to get downtown, to take the WW bus. "Don't EVER, EVER take the XY bus. It's BAD." [snort] I did not tell him I took it, probably multiple times, every time I had a Day Out. The advantage of living with Mr Ron, I have been in some bad areas had had wonderful opportunities to experience God's protection in my life.

I don't TEST Him, though. I use common sense. It will probably rain so I'll bring my raincoat. I'll look like a big yellow lemon at the bus stop!

2 comments:

Rachel Abugov said...

I'm planning some decluttering and brownie-baking for next week, Heather. Reach for the Stars Cat Rescue is having a garage/bake sale, and they're such a good cause! Plus, I have some clothes that are waaay too big on me that someone else would probably enjoy.

Heather Knits said...

Sounds fun, Rachel! I love donating the too-big clothes! NEVER gets old. Today I bought a medium t-shirt, while wearing another medium t-shirt - I'm still not used to that. I had been a 3XL (gulp).