Tuesday, June 8, 2010

If you don't ask...

My Dad had a whole book of favorite sayings. "If you don't ask, the answer's always no." "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all."

Ron's remarked, repeatedly, that things are so much better with us recently and I always laugh. I finally asked for help; I tell him, and I ask for it daily.

It dawned on me, a few months, back, during a bad patch, that God couldn't do a whole lot in my marriage if I was too stubborn and proud to ASK for help. I was praying for missionaries in Burma, but I wasn't asking Him for better communication and understanding with my husband!

I considered this thought; clearly from God, I felt. I have often shared that the Bad Thoughts are always of a negative and paranoid nature; God's thoughts are always startling and positive.

I began to make requests for both myself and my husband:
1. Put Your thoughts in our heads, Your words in our mouths, Your love in our hearts.
2. Please help me to forgive people who hurt me.
3. Please deliver Ron and I from willful and hidden sins.
4. Please give me Your guidance in everything I do.
5. Give me gracious thoughts and speech, pleasing to You.
6. Remind me to resist the devil and flee from temptation, tell me when to fight!
7. Keep me humble, obedient, and loving. Fill me with a servant's heart and Your compassion for others.
8. Help me to love myself; the way YOU love me. Remind me You need me AS I AM.
9. Help me to show your love to everyone.
10. Good communication for us (Ron & me); give us Your love for each other.
11. Give him patience, endurance, and a strong back to carry his burdens.
12. Continued healing, if Your will.

I always thank God for sending Ron my way; and pray more that I won't post.

NO WONDER things are better! I just had to ASK!

No comments: