Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Burrito Surprise

Well, it's official. I have donated 23 units of blood. One more unit and I hit 3 gallons. Coolness. I also checked my cholesterol. It was 140 something. Then it was 136. It wasn't that today. No, it was ONE-THIRTY. That's the kind of number that got me life insurance for $8 a month. My iron level was also an AWESOME 43.

Ron has donated 2 gallons now. I think that is awesome. His veins are not great, and they can only use the one arm. His cholesterol was a nice 165. For an older guy who doesn't eat his veggies or take vitamins, I think it's great. Pretty easy to crow over those numbers.

So, what did I do today? It was a day off. I slept in 'till about 7:30, got up, played on the computer, did about half of my God Time, and took my shower. Ron and I cuddled on the couch for a bit and then decided "Let's go out."

He checked the bus schedules and I got the wheelchair. I made up plenty of Driver Candy. I only had one driver accept it, though. We saw "Papi" and I gave him a bag.

I got Ron in his chair and we rolled off to the bus stop. The bus came and we missed a transfer. Gah. The other bus was early!

We talked a bit and waited at the stop. Ron didn't know he had his recorder on the whole time, that was kind of wierd hearing us later.

We caught the other bus and headed off to KFC. Ron wanted to try come chicken, and I was curious to try the "Double Down". It is two chicken patties, with bacon and cheese in between. The poster had a photo of some icky looking sauce so I got it no sauce.

Ron hasn't been able to eat any chicken for a couple of years. The flavor turns on him, thanks to the allergic reaction he had to the Bactrim. Nothing good about Bactrim in THIS blog! [snort] Seriously, it has saved many people's lives. It has also "ruined" one.

It was cloudy and cooler, we had some mild rain showers. It's the edges of Alex. Hurricane rain bands tend to have a different pattern than our usual thunderstorms. The storms roll in, roar, dump rain, and move on. The bands just kind of hover and drop rain slower.

It was "sprinkly" - more than a drizzle but not a downpour by any means. Ron remarked repeatedly on it, he loved it.

After KFC, we went to Starbucks. I got a drink, he didn't. We drank it and then headed out to the bus stop.

We had agreed to go to the "pineapple" grocery store. They sell cut up pineapple. They also had Diet Dr Pepper and I was out! (cries)

So, we rolled on in and got the drinks and pineapple. We rolled on out and caught the bus. More pushing and we're home.

Ron could tell I was "running out of gas" so I laid down and napped for an hour. When I got up, I helped him mow the yard, figure out his MP3 player, and get rid of some cardboard in the garage. I also brought in the trash cans. Now I need to do various things, dishes, laundry, put away the clean laundry, etc.

That is not going to happen. Too tired. I will, however, make his burritos and freeze them. He wants some with eggs, and some without. "Burrito Surprise".

No comments: