Sunday, June 13, 2010

BECAUSE, that's why!

I used to pester my Dad all the time, "Why, Daddy, why?" If he could give me the answer, he would. Otherwise he'd respond "BECAUSE, that's why!" Today is a good example of "because" in action.

I had a ghastly migraine yesterday, so we made no trips for today. I had no Diet Dr Pepper; a big crisis for me. This morning, BECAUSE I had no trips, I had to ride the bus if I wanted soda. I brought my candy, I always do.

I felt OK to take the 10:30 bus, BECAUSE I did, I handed out candy to 3 people on the bus. BECAUSE I finally got my appetite back during the ride, I handed out 4 more bags of candy to the people at the fast food place. BECAUSE one of the recipients was also hungry, I ended up giving him 3 more Bibles/candy for "his kids".

BECAUSE I still wanted my soda, I went to Foodtown. I handed out 2 more bags as I checked out, but BECAUSE I forgot to pay for the peanut butter I had to get BACK in line, a different line, and hand out another bag of candy to the cashier.

BECAUSE I got back in line, I missed my bus. BECAUSE of that, I handed out 3 more bags of candy and some cold pop to the homeless people at the bus stop. BECAUSE I missed the one bus, I caught another and handed out 2 more bags before I got off and went home.

Nineteen total. BECAUSE.

I normally never share these details but it's a telling image of God at work; I could have gotten very aggravated by my circumstances but God chose to use them for good.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

GOD BLESS YOU HEATHER!! {{{HUGS}}}

AND YES I did miss you!!

Heidi said...

Hi there I have been away for a badly needed vacation..it rained everyday but who cares it was a blast and gave my husband and I time to reconnect. I hope your headeach is better now ..so miserable ..but there is hope if they are hormonal Heather you do "out grow" them (hopefully) mine are down to one good one a month ...take care and be well
sounds like you had a good week in spite of everything ..hope Bubba's ears improve ..my boy dog is horrid about ear drops ..you would think we were battering him and he sulks too! it is so silly!