Monday, June 21, 2010

Aren't they cute?

Hm. How to say this? Didn't get much sleep, but I didn't mind. That's good.

Got up early, completely tired. Shower, God Time, work. I am still getting the silent treatment from Grumpy, but in my opinion he doesn't look too far from a nervous breakdown anyway. I am glad I am being ignored.

I had a good time yakking at the other vendor ("Hot Legs"). I got the deliveries and stocked them. Thankfully, things are pretty quiet. I found the wholesale catalog. Yay!

As I was working, I got a phone call from the publicity coordinator for the photo shoot. She asked if I had any questions. I said I'd be bringing Ron, who was a donor AND recipient, and she was thrilled. She is scheduling him into the photo shoot too!

That is going to eat a certain group of haters, alive. Seeing us... happy and well. Oh! They will be enraged!

I figure they will take at least one photo of the both of us. After great deliberation, I narrowed my choices down to purple crewneck t-shirt (a very vivid hue often known as "grape"), and a deep cobalt blue. It is also a very vivid color. Today at the mall, I found another cobalt t-shirt for Ron. We'll be matchy!

AWWWWW. We will be so cute in our matching t-shirts. That is, if they like it. I plan to bring a lot of soda, a toothbrush, and my mineral makeup. Also the obvious Driver Candy too.

My aunt is coming early to watch, and I'll have her get a couple of snaps on MY camera. Gulp. I could end up on a billboard! I've seen them!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Good luck tomorrow at the photo shoot!! How awesome is that??!!

You have been a busy bee!! Keep up the AWESOME job you are doing!!


{{{HUGS}}}
Ginny

Heidi said...

I missed something I think what photo shoot? how exciting? but I read through your blog in a hurry I am sorry I am in the midst of a mess here and just returned from a weekend off

can you direct me to the place where you told about this?

how cool our Heather is going to be representing ..what?

thanks your clueless admirer!

Heather Knits said...

Heidi, the Blood Center uses donors and recipients for their publicity. For instance, Mom holding adorable baby. "Thanks, Blood Donors, for saving my Baby!" A kid with Dad, also saved by blood donors.

Blood donors themselves, with a paragraph on why they donate.

They liked my story and reasoning: I donate to give others a lifetime with their loved ones.

They REALLY liked the fact that I had my husband, a recipient AND donor, along.