Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bad Headache

I have a rating scale for headaches. Headache, Bad Headache, and Migraine.

I woke up with a Bad Headache. I was worried about it evolving into a migraine, so I took 2 Excedrin on an empty stomach and went back to sleep. I slept about 3-4 hours. When I woke up I felt a lot better.

I needed some more Tylenol at about 10, but overall OK. I knew, eating the pie, that I could get a headache but at the time it seemed "worth it". Meh.

I was happy to do my God Time. I hate it when I can't due to a migraine. I was able to go with Ron to the dentist.

Actually, we got there an hour early. Ron waited while I walked over to a store. I was out of Diet Dr Pepper. I bought some and lugged it back. Ron finished the buildup and all on the root canal and got the temporary crown. That took hours.

He had a good time talking to the dentist and playing his music. At one point, several employees were gathered in the room listening to Ron and the doc. It took longer than Ron expected, and he had to put his ride on hold.

We finished at about 4, and it was safe to say the office building would probably close before our ride came. So, I picked up all the soda, Ron latched onto my right shoulder, and off to the store.

Happily, we got a nice driver, and quickly, too.

He had an interesting story. Apparently, this morning a woman riding Metrolift said she needed to use the bathroom, urgently, and directed the driver to a store. The driver pulled up, the client got out and went inside.

15 minutes later she went looking for the client, who was sitting at a table. "I ordered some food! I'm not leaving yet!" The driver called dispatch and was told to LEAVE HER.

I don't envy her when she was ready to leave. I bet they made her wait HOURS while "Looking for a driver". Every single thing a client does builds a reputation; the question is what kind.

From now on, that client will not be viewed kindly by the drivers. It's one thing if you need an unscheduled stop, it's another thing entirely if you lie to the driver and treat them like your personal lackey.

Foolish.

One time a driver came to pick us up. "It was time to go home, and they gave me an extra trip. I was going to refuse it, but then I saw it was you."

That's the kind of reputation I want.

No comments: