Monday, January 24, 2022

Fried Lemon Pie

 I went to bed early, put on the nice hand lotion and dabbed on some lavender essential oil to help me sleep.  And I woke up in the middle of the night with a CRUSHING migraine.  I went back to sleep but could still feel it.  

I got up and took some Excedrin, took a hot shower.  Nothing.  I felt bad enough I thought I would have to call in, but I can't afford to lose the money and I get a penalty mark if I do that (only allowed 5 every 6 months).  Then I remembered: the lemon pie.  I ate one and started feeling better about 3 bites into the thing.  

I don't pretend to understand it but it works very well for me.  I don't even know what led me to try it the first time, but it has worked very well almost every time.  

I will put up an image.


Those are my favorite.  They come in a nice box so they don't get squished and a good quality filling.  I have been getting mine at FoodTown.  My Walmart sells another brand which is OK but very crumbly so I have to eat it naked 😂 so it doesn't get all over my clothes.  But do able.  

I am just so glad I feel better that was really a vicious headache.  I am going to go get ready for work.  I will be doing my shopping after work and then off for 2 days when I get home, nothing planned the next couple days.  I know rain is forecast for today but not sure about the other days.  

That's it for now.  


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible your blood sugar was too low?
Back when I was 19 I was trying to lose weight and only drinking tomato juice juice and I was at work and got such a crushing headache I put my head down on my typewriter and did not care if I got fired.. My boss made me some tea and put sugar in it and my headache went away instantly.
I'm sure there is lots of sugar in that lemon pie and that's why I thought of this

Heather Knits said...

Could be. I always wake up with a migraine. I mean, when I get a migraine (not often praise God) I wake up with it. It never develops later.

I have a meter and blood sugar test strips, I will start checking my sugar.

Anonymous said...

Checking your sugar during a splitting headache might be the last thing you'll want to do, but it would shed some light in either direction.
Maybe put some test strips right by your headache pills?

Heather Knits said...

Oh they're not far apart. I keep the test strips/glucometer and blood pressure cuff in a box on the kitchen table. Headache pills are on my desk about 8 feet away. No headache today though.

Blood sugar was 106 and blood pressure was 120/71 this morning so no worries on that.

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm wishing you to get a headache but I'm really curious what your sugar would be.

Heather Knits said...

I don't know, I've never checked. The blood sugar theory makes sense, though.