Monday, January 17, 2022

Early Monday morning

 I slept pretty well but had a nightmare about my finances before I woke up.  While they are scream-worthy I can only do what I'm doing, work what hours I am assigned, etc.  If they give me more hours it kicks me into full-time and they are not ready to invest in that (medical plan, etc.).  I don't blame the company, this is basically a dating period to see if they feel I'm a good employee, if I pass the test I get more hours eventually.  But for now it is making hard choices  Yes I have enough to eat but you get the idea.  I am sure glad the house is paid off because I could never afford a mortgage.  But I still have good credit so hanging on to that.  

It would sure help if I could get free rides to work, but the 2 guys I use for rides are both hardworking types who can use the money.  Anyway, I got up, put on some sweats.  Baby Girl is in my chair so I will do my Bible Study later.  Torbie and Cleo are in my bed (they do get along in my bed but nowhere else in the house).  It makes me think I really do need to set up a twin bed in Ron's room.  Shut the door most of the time and then take a nap in the bed now and then free of cats.  And normally I love to sleep with a cat but they don't give me much room and sometimes I just want an hour... so I may do that, still playing with it.  

The room (Ron's) is only 10x11 so not much room for much else beside a bed.  I will think about it.  Spotty got in my lap for a while and I saw Biscuit as well.  I think it is still pretty cold out so the cats don't want to go out; although when we had our deep freeze/ice storm last year Spotty was right out there in it every day.  He found it enthralling, he would make a good cat for someone living up north.  

I am pretty much packed, I will wear bra, jeans, t-shirt, jersey, sneakers;  I will bring the dress, flats, and a string of freshwater pearls I bought many years ago (about a 24 inch strand of small black pearls), a nightgown and the usual socks and underwear.  That should be plenty for 2 days.  I will also bring my cell phone charger and my old phone, we can use that for music.  And my little tablet, a gift from Dad a few years back (about $100) that's loaded with all my Bible study devotionals, and a science fiction novel I am working on one bite at a time.  I may bring the tablet charger, too.  It will fit.  I have the toiletries (brush, toothpaste and brush, soap, shampoo, deodorant, small aerosol bottle of perfume) in a bag on the backpack it all fits nicely.  I may or may not bring my fanny pack.  On the one hand it screams "Tourist!" and could set me up to get mugged, but on the other hand it is convenient.  I don't think I'll need it if I wear my jeans.  

So I just need to shave my legs tonight, pack my dress, and then tomorrow get dressed and figure out the wallet situation.  

The cats don't need much, I will clean their boxes tonight and then set down extra food bowls (ick factor coming up you may want to skip to the +++).  Biscuit has a bad habit of gorging himself and then vomiting it back into the food bowl, ruining the food, so I need to have several small bowls all over.  +++

Baby Girl is firmly planted in that chair.  It is interesting they wouldn't get in the chair for a while until, I think, it smelled like me.  Then it was fair game.  I also put a towel in the seat because I do have pukers and an old cat who has had some toilet accidents (2).  But she looks cute so I won't bother her.  She is accustomed to getting treats when I do my Bible study so she is probably waiting on that.  

And I do need to do up some bags of candy, I am not sure how much.  I would like to do some with New Testaments in it, I have the Bibles I just need to get them out of the garage.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: