Monday, January 3, 2022

I'm going to do a regular and a video blog today.

 It was freezing cold and very windy, overcast, yesterday so very glad I had arranged a ride to work.  Got there and did my work thing.  I left on time, came home pretty tired.  (The store was open for business).  

I decided it would be wise to hop into the shower immediately when I got home, so I did that.  There were a lot of sick people at work, customers and employees.  I think the problem with the new variant people feel well enough to go out, even though they shouldn't.  So I took off all my clothes, emptied my pockets, put everything in the wash.  Then I took a shower.  

I called my parents, had some trail mix for dinner (not very hungry) and went to bed early.  I took a Valerian root which is supposed to help with sleep, but woke up 2 hours later and went back to sleep.  I woke up about 3 with a headache, drank some cold lemonade, went back to sleep, woke up again about 5 with the same headache, got up and took some Excedrin with another lemonade.  I got up for good around 7.  

I did my Bible study, I am marking off passages read in "My Bible Reading Book" a booklet I got from World Missionary Press.  That took a while.  Then I did some housework, took out trash, fed the cats, took down the tree and my door wrap, etc.  I finished the first load of laundry and started the second.  

The first load was pretty funny.  So I had gotten undressed, showered, and put on my house clothes.  I emptied out my Walmart vest and threw that in the wash along with everything else.  I did a soak cycle as I didn't want to agitate it too much, it has that embossing on the fabric.  I wanted it to be clean but not trashed.  Normally I wash it by hand in a bucket but that is time consuming.  So I ran the soak cycle.  For my washer, it fills with the desired temperature water, agitates a minute or two, and then sits for an hour, drains and then you run the wash cycle.  I have done this for over 5 years.  

Last night I popped the lid after it finished the soak cycle, turned it to medium soils and hit the power button again.  I went to bed for a while, woke up when it finished, and realized I had just run another soak.  So I had to add laundry detergent and then run the wash cycle I wanted.  So everything in that load will be super clean.  I hung up the vest to air dry and found the missing support sock I had been seeking for a while.  I have about 3 week's worth of support socks.  They do help a lot.  I don't have veins and want to keep it that way.  They also help with leg fatigue and pain.  It is a little tricky to don and doff them but I manage OK.  Spotty comes running when he sees me with the hose in my hand so he can get in my lap.  

I'm going to try putting the streak in my hair tomorrow.  I don't want whole head dye and I don't want roots, don't want anything loud, so that means I will be using a mauve semi permanent color as a streak.  Walmart is OK with vivid hair and tattoos.  I don't plan to get inked any time soon but they won't care about a streak.  And I wash my hair every day so it won't last long anyway.  I used some leave in conditioner this morning before I thought about it.  My hair does look a lot thicker I think, not as wavy but thick.  

OK I'm going to take a nap.  Done, woke up with a headache.  I was thinking about something that happened at work the other day.  There was a woman, another employee, at a table with other employees.  They were talking, that's pretty standard.  Not standard: she took out a deck of tarot cards and gave someone a reading.  

I was like WHAT.  I knew what it was I had seen it on TV I guess...But not something I expected to see at work.  The Bible has so, so, many things to say against that.  I didn't say anything to her, and when she later greeted me in the bathroom I replied kindly.  But I need to be more faithful in my prayer life.  Jesus himself said there is a great gulf between the living and the dead that can't be bridged (except by Him).  But, wow.  I can see the lure of the occult, get all the answers quickly... but God doesn't work like that and He definitely does not approve.  That those who do consult the occult are in bondage to demons.  

Now all that done she will never guess my thoughts as I will be kind and friendly to her; if he ever offers me a reading I will decline politely.  And here I have been nervous about reading my Bible on my break.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: