Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Monday night and Tuesday

I slept pretty well last night in spite of some pretty nasty depression.  I downloaded a book on prayer and finally got the nerve to look at my bank account: pitiful.  Well at least I know and I should be getting a direct deposit for 2 weeks' pay pretty soon.  

The cats are good, that makes me happy.  It is a little cool outside, and sunny.  I am wearing black jeans, black t-shirt, and a mauve hoodie that is pretty much the same color as my (occasional) lipstick.    

And I had my day all wrong; I thought we were leaving today and we are not.   Oops.  Oh, well.  I didn't make an ass out of myself over it.  

And I saw my aunt anyway, she brought me a twin mattress she is not taking when she moves.  It is in good shape and comfortable, she says (I believe her).  She got it here even though the rope snapped on the way, it must have been wedged in the trunk in such a way it didn't come out.  I know God did that; so anyway He apparently wants me to have another functional bed.  Why, I couldn't tell you.  I do wonder about that.  

But I kept Ron's blankets, put one in the wash, the twin fitted sheets were in good shape so I went ahead and put one on without washing.  Two nice pillows in Ron's room (not ones he used, I had them on the couch actually) can go on the bed eventually, but my aunt did suggest I get some sort of topper for the bed.  She gave me a water proof cover so that saves me some $$.  And I have at least a couple fitted sheets I didn't have on the bed when Ron died.  I threw away nearly all the bedding on the bed when Ron died, I did save the sherpa blanket.  It was not on him when he died.  These things matter.  😜

But does God want another  person in this house?  I couldn't say.  I hope not.  

But what do I need?  Mattress topper, top sheet, I don't think I need a quilt as I have 2 blankets.  Pillow cases to match my dark gray sheet.  I just looked, I have 8 fitted sheets, 7 gray ones, one white.  So get a gray top sheet?  Or some other neutral.  Get some pillow cases that will match the eventual turquoise in the room.  I do find it funny I have so much Ron bedding and only 3 sets of sheets for my bed.  Don't get me wrong, 3 sets is plenty for me.  But I went through a lot of bedding changes with Ron the last couple years.  It was great to just pull a fresh one out of my bag and throw the used one in the wash.  After all,  Ron needed the fresh sheets right away.  The gray ones are a very nice microfiber with elastic all around the bottom, too, so a nice sheet.  I just need to get a nice top sheet to go with it.  Something that goes with turquoise.  

And when the work is done I will get some under bed storage boxes.  I had those full of Ron's stuff and got rid of that.  I am sure I can find something viable.  It would be nice to store the extra sheets and blanket in a plastic box under the bed.  

Other than that my day was pretty good.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: