Monday, January 31, 2022

Wide awake at 3 AM

 Blood everywhere too but I prepped for that.  I was almost at the verge of a problem, though.  So I got up, cleaned up a little, fed the cats, will do some housework and take a shower.  Then, later, plan is to do laundry before the rain comes in.  I took a Naproxen (prescription) that was given to me some years ago for heavy bleeding days.  It slows me down.  So I should be good today, will also take it tomorrow before work.  Times like this I do wish my mother were alive, she did menopause naturally and probably would have had some very good advice for me.  Every other woman in my life had a hysterectomy.  

Today, plan is (when I go out) to get the flooring and then the required paint supplies.  Get some lunch and maybe some lemon pies.  I did my Walmart shopping yesterday.  I am glad I got a rain jacket.  This just goes to show my life, I never really saw why people would have one.  To me, you had an umbrella and used that.  I never had a rain jacket until yesterday.  I am glad I do have it as today looks to be pretty heavy rain.  

I would also like to organize the candy and make some up.  I got a huge sack of mini paydays those are always popular when I hand them out.  Ironically I am allergic to peanuts but I can handle them OK.  I am "more" allergic to almonds so I avoid those.  

I am a little worried Lumber Liquidators might not have my flooring.  I only need 3 cases so we will see.  I also need a trim piece otherwise I will get all sorts of junk getting in the crack between the tile and the flooring.  I am sure I can find something that matches (they don't make it in my preferred color).  I am sure I will find a nice teal or turquoise at Home Depot.  I will need a lot of paint from them.  Well, 4 gallons is, to me, a lot.  

Once I know flooring costs I can get a curtain rod and curtains.  That will run about $50 for both, nice thing about Amazon it comes right to the house.  I will be glad when the room is done up.  

Since I have the bed in there I will have to forego the recliner I had considered.  A furniture store had some for a little over $200 and I would definitely save up for one.  And at $200 I wouldn't feel bad about the cats scratching on it and boy would they.  But no room, it's only 10 feet square.  And I really need a table and chair so I can sit in there and do up candy.   But,  once I move the candy operation out of the orange room there may be room for a recliner one day.  No rush.  

I did up the litter boxes, I wanted to make sure they had nice clean boxes for 1.  Aunt coming over and 2.  Rain coming today they will need to use the box.  They (cats) are OK with me using the litter box fragrance powder some cats aren't, but mine are, OK.  They will pretty much use anything.  I am working Tidy Cats into the box as it is readily available and they seem OK with it, they get in there with no issues.  I am slowly working it in over a period of weeks.  It is about 1/4 Tidy Cats right now.  

You have probably read one of my posts from around 2010 ranting about inconsiderate neighbors because #6 did not have any sort of diaper genie so every diaper went outside the minute it was changed, including several times a night when they had a couple of toddlers in the house.  It was very disruptive to my sleep, he would bang the trash can open, fling the bag in the can, and then bang it shut, go back in his house and slam the door.  Several times a night.  So I always swore I'm not going to be that neighbor.  And I'm not.  I very quietly went out and placed the trash in the can without making a sound, then came back in the house.  I take great pride in being a good neighbor.  The house exterior could probably be a little better kept but I am quiet, clean, the yard is mowed.  

One neighbor said "Oh, I like you, you're quiet" and I took that as a high compliment.  Another came over when I had the cleanout for the broken pipe, very concerned I was moving "Because I really like having you around".  Did anyone help out after Ron died?  No.  But at least they like me.  

I just need to take my shower and then get the laundry going.  It's not a large load but it does have my favorite pair of black jeans for work.  I plan to wear sweats and a tshirt today as I will be lugging stuff around today.  And it will be raining, my phone says 100%.  It is going to be cold this week, lows in the 20's and such.  I will be working "tour 3" (post office slang for afternoon to evening) so I will be OK leaving the house and going to work.  I have arranged rides home as I am not really keen on riding the bus late at night in the cold.  

I was looking at meat yesterday and WOW not cheap.  I have been getting the ground turkey chubs, they have gone up a lot but still reasonable.  I tend to get my protein other ways.  

Anyway that's it for now, take care.  

No comments: