Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday

 Well I got my new socks, I will be set for a while now.  I did wear a pair of the existing compression socks to work and I felt they helped my legs.  

I slept OK but had a really hard time getting up.  I did, of course, went to work, did my worker bee buzz buzz routine.  

I left on time and came home, met the contractor and he had a look at the house.  He had another man with him who said "nice" when he saw my house (he meant it, I think he liked the colors which are pretty bold) and also admired the bear.  He had a look at the drywall issue and said he would get back to me.  So I should get a quote the next day or two.  My sponsor is pretty eager to get the work started.  

All I will have to do is clear out the closet/take all the bedding off the bed so he can work.  Drywall work is very dusty.  This is something I need to do to heal; not really something I am wanting to do.  If it were up to me and the wall intact I would probably leave the room closed off forever.  But I don't think that's a good idea.  And I will be happy when it's done.  Right now it's just sad and depressing.  But Ron would want me to fix it up.  

So, the contractor left.  I tried to take a nap but didn't really fall asleep.  And I only had 210 mg of caffeine so not sure what that is; I almost forgot I did wake up again at 2 AM last night.  I thought I was done with that but apparently not.  

My aunt is coordinating the move they are getting ready to take the first expedition to her new place (hours away) in a few days.  I told her I would do all my Walmart shopping after work and she was relieved to hear it.  That saves me money if I do my shopping after work.  It will of course be crowded and busy but I am saving $40 which is enough to buy a lot of groceries.  

I made a list so I don't forget anything, or go off track.  For instance I do need dry cat food.  I managed to compact some of my reusable tote bags and squish them into the tote bag I take to work, cleaned out the work tote some as well, found bagged up candy with Scripture booklets which will be handy for my rides tomorrow.  I even have an insulated tote in there.  It folds up like the others.  I don't plan to spend a lot of money but I find it easier to have everything in 1-2 totes vs. lots of little bags.  I plan to have this whole "shop after work" down to a science by the time my aunt leaves in a couple months.  

The cats are good.  My cab driver buddy took me to work today, it was funny.  He said "A cat ran out of the yard when you left the house".  I said "Was it brown?"  (Baby Girl and Torbie) "Yes".  "Was it fat?"  "Yes".  "Oh, that's Baby Girl".  

Torbie is getting spoiled drinking out of the toilet.  She likes to wait for me to flush and then take a good long drink.  I think it's revolting but it makes her happy, and she is basically on hospice anyway.  She has 3 water bowls, one of which is a fountain.  And the toilet of course.  Can't forget that.  Now I'm yawning, when I don't need to sleep.  

I had a protein bar when I got home, a little later I had some fruit salad.  The fruit salad held up well but I won't be doing the kiwi again.  The flavor is fine but it's just not my thing.  I would rather have some melon in there.  I like the Guava a lot but worry about breaking a tooth on one of those seeds.  My goal is to have one small fruit salad a day, get a good mix of phytonutrients.  Ideal is also a nice green/red salad as well.  Which is one reason I put more dressing on the list.  I think I will be OK for nutrition if I have a green salad (I mean greens like spinach not iceberg lettuce), and a fruit salad every day.  I am just trying to keep my engine running.  

I don't plan to get a lot of protein foods, for one meat is so expensive, but eggs are still do able on my budget, as long as I can look at the actual eggs and make sure they aren't cracked (I am uptight about that).  I have plenty of cheese as well, lunch meat, and bread.  I also have canned tuna which is good now and then.  Some kippered herring in cans.  

Although I don't want to be like the woman at work today in the lunch room.  She was Asian and eating some sort of soup that smelled VILE.  It was so bad I had to leave the room.  I don't want to do that to my co workers.  So I will probably keep the fish at home; I have some chicken vienna sausage I can take to work in a pinch.  That doesn't smell.  

I try to be considerate.  That's it for now!  

No comments: