Friday, January 7, 2022

It was a long day last night

 So my Dad knows my aunt is moving, he seems OK with it.  I know he is a little freaked who will take care of me but she's only a couple hours away if something happens, and she would come if it were bad.  

I was pretty depressed yesterday morning but I had bought a bottle of no name lavender essential oil on my day off, I dabbed a little of that on and it helped.  Today I am battling a headache and can't take my antidepressant so I will have to muscle it.  It is the anniversary of Ron's accident.  

Anyway I took the bus to work.  I had a very nice experience.  I was walking to the bus stop.  There are buses every 30 minutes, one comes by about 20 after and then 50 after.  I had planned on catching the 50 after, but the 20 after pulled up to the stop when I was about a block away.  He opened his doors and waited for me so I hustled over there.  I got it!  He was very nice about it, took some candy.  

The other 2 drivers did not want candy, I believe one is a healthy eating type with an uncontrolled diabetic in her family, the other one I think his resolution was "eating better".  All well and good.  So, when I got to work, I bought some bags of trail mix (about a 2 ounce bag with nutrition labels and everything).  I can hand those out, even the healthy eaters like those, but the one lady will probably only take a bag of straight nuts.  

Work was pretty uneventful except for the lady who was in my area, saw me pull my mask down for a drink of water, said "I KNOW YOU" and wanted to know where she knew me.  I told her it was either the Post Office or Metrolift and she said it was the Post Office.  Then she wanted to know what I did and didn't remember Ron, but remembered me.  How do you forget a blind man in a wheelchair?  I found that very sad he has been so quickly forgotten by everyone.  She asked a bunch of questions what I was doing since Ron had died so I told her.  She eventually wandered off.  Another employee came up and wanted to know how I knew her, as the lady is known to be a difficult customer.  

I had to set some boundaries with my coworkers but I was nice about it.  I am not getting into trouble over a petty issue.  

I still have some headache, I am going to try my essential oil roll on.  It is helping some.  

When I got home last night I called my aunt and then my parents, after I hung up I took a shower, put in my leave in conditioner, and went to bed.  And I was very unimpressed with the leave in stuff.  This is the second time I used it - and I put a fair amount.  It doesn't look like I used anything, but it got my hair all slimy after I put it in but it is not softer or anything.  The Mane and Tail spray I at least get nicer hair using it, but this stuff nothing.  I am debating taking it back for a refund or just chunking it in the trash.  I will be writing an Amazon review.  

I need to figure out what to wear today, feels like temperature is in the 30's but the work floor is pretty warm at work, I have limited space in my bag.  I need to purge the bag and get rid of anything I can.   I did that, boy did I have a lot of masks.  They hand out the blue paper mask in a baggie at the door when I check in and I had a few.  

I had a negative encounter with a disabled man last night who wanted to get away with something "Because I'm crippled".  It would have cost the store a lot of money.  I didn't let it happen but he thought I was a real bitch, said so, said I was not sympathetic to cripples.  I scoffed but did not say anything else.  Ron would have loved to only have his problems.  And Ron never went around trying to get over "because I'm crippled".  I believe the man is one of those guys who begs at intersections.  Management was fine with what I did which is all that matters.  I was pretty mad, not at what he said to me but Ron would have been livid he was trying to get over like that.  Ron never wanted anything for his problems.  He was so mortified a couple of times people gave him money when I wasn't around.  And Ron was probably the worst-off disabled person I have ever met.  The blind plus the wheelchair and the other issues trump everything I've seen out there.  I did not say anything to the man other than :"I'm sorry you have those problems but..."  

So my bag is cleaned out.  I need to check the weather again.  Is it windy?  That's going to inform my choice of clothes.   Windy... so long underwear and a couple of layers, wool socks.  I should be fine.  The long underwear fit great, it was too small for years but now OK.  I have my medication, etc.   And I feel good I pruned the bag.  

The cats are good, they don't want to go outside.  I got my electric bill, I keep it pretty warm in here but still only $45.  That is great, I will pay it on my day off.  I am curious to see what the gas bill runs.  Winter tends not to be expensive re: utility bills even though the heater does run.  And like I've said my house has no insulation in the outside walls so I figure it must be God keeping it cozy.  

It's about time to go I will probably not post until Saturday afternoon because I won't get much sleep tonight.  Take care.  


No comments: