Saturday, January 15, 2022

OOps, sorry I didn't post

 Work has been fine.  It's been really cold.  Happily we have a good heater at work.  Things have basically been uneventful.  

I was given a $1 clearance dress a friend found in my size.  I bought it, it looks good I think.  The neckline is not as frisky as you might think.  


Bonus shot of Biscuit in there.  It is nice, simple, romantic, not slutty.  I like it, I had been wanting a nice dress for a while.  Dresses weren't really practical when I had Ron because I often had to help lift and stow, take out, the wheelchair from a trunk or something.  My job was very physical I occasionally had to sit on the floor and pick up change, things like that.  So a dress wasn't practical for that.  But going out with friends/aunt and uncle yes it is fine.  

I had been eyeing this one: 

Which is now $9 at my store, but my aunt said not quite yet.  She was nice about it but basically not for a larger woman.  She did like the first dress when I sent her a photo.  And there will be lots of cute clothes in the store by the time I get down to my weight loss goal.  

So that was fun,  I washed it (the blue one) tonight and that is hanging up to dry.  I will take it on the trip it should pack well.  I also plan to bring my jersey.  

I haven't quite figured out what I'm bringing it's only 2 days.  The dress for dinner, the jersey for the first day, maybe my sunflower leggings?  A pair of jeans?  I want to put everything in my backpack I like to travel light.  When I went anywhere with Ron I had to bring bags and bags of crap.  Homecare stuff was 2-3 bags just by itself especially the last trip.  At least I don't have to tell the hotel to take the box spring so he can get in and out of bed easily.  Oh, and my nightgown of course, underwear, some monthly supplies because my period is so whack..I'll get it.  

The cats are good.  They are of course in the house because the weather is awful today, very cold and very windy.  I took a cab both ways to work.  Not sorry I did.  I will be cheap on many things but not that.  I even get generic brand female supplies but I do need a ride to work on nasty days.  

And I got my new schedule some 12-8's not sure what is up with that.  12 noon that is.  I will work it, get paid.  I need the money and it's in my availability.  

I have been waiting to eat my lasagna for a while now but it is molten every time I check it.  It looks cold from the top but it is deceptive.  I will get it eventually happily I am not super hungry.  I had a bag of my homemade trail mix at work today and that's been holding me.  

I also had a nasty headache I attribute to the cold front today but I managed to beat that back with my aunt's combo of 1 Excedrin and one advil.  It did a really good job.  Good to know.  I don't like to take 2 excedrin because of the caffeine.  

I will get a decent night's sleep tonight, I have been only getting 4-6 hours on Friday night due to public transit issues and early work start on Saturday but that is changing.  They even gave me one Friday off I don't know what I'll do with that.  

I'm going to go check on my lasagna.  

 It was good.  I have been taking a shower every night, ideal is right when I get home but sometimes later, then I don't have to do it in the morning.  It also gets the day's germs.  I have been doing it most nights.  Did it tonight in fact.  I will see if I can do this in the summer, I think I recall a problem last year.  But it will be great if I can get in the habit especially as I am out in it, working, etc. I would like to wash all that off before climbing in my nice clean bed at night.  We'll see.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: