Monday, January 24, 2022

The lemon pie held me all day

 I had a little bit of headache come back on my break so I took an advil + a tylenol and that got it.  Work was pretty slow, it was cold and raining.  I did my job and clocked out on time, then got a shopping cart and did my shopping.  

I needed cat food (out of stock), lunch snacks (they had stuff that worked), some paper plates, TP (the good kind), protein (frozen ground turkey in various flavors), eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.  I also, at the end of it, got some fresh fruit (cut up melon; bananas; blood oranges) and a big tub of salad mix I hope I can finish before it expires.  I also got more salad dressing.  I got it all, just what was on my list.  

Then I got in a very long line to check out.  I had forgotten my debit card so I couldn't use the self check, I had to deal with a real person if I had cash.  But I took out the Jesus booklet and gave my cashier a bag of candy, which was a big hit.  

After that I bagged up my groceries my way, in my reusable totes.  Cold food went in the insulated tote, everything else went in the other 2 totes.  I got a lot of food for what I paid (got my discount).  The cab came and we went home, he helped me carry it to the house.  He got a bonus for that as he knew he would.  Then I put it all away.  It was so exhausting and I didn't have that much.  Once I got that done I put my bags away (will be using them a lot, in the future) and laid down for a nap.  I couldn't sleep but Biscuit got on me and purred at me for a while.  I got up, called my parents, heard Mom's caregiving saga with her mom.  

I am not doing laundry tonight, that can keep for tomorrow.  I really only need one load.  I need to call my brother he called twice the last couple days.  Then I am done for the day.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: