Saturday, January 1, 2022

Saturday

Today they took me off my regular job to do "zoning" (organize departments).  I got stuck in Lingerie.  I am fine with that I did well for a while until I got to the bins of the single lacy underwear.  It is one item with a tag on it, dozens of them, various colors and sizes.  My job?  Take them out of the jumble and turn them into something presentable.  I was OK at first but found myself rather depressed.  I took inventory.  I was handling lacy things (some of which were cute) I would never wear for Ron or any other man...listening to a steady diet of love songs because "Walmart radio" is on a love song theme these days.  It was just profoundly depressing.  I imagine the sexual health stuff would have been equally difficult.  I almost asked to be reassigned but didn't.  I didn't want to show my belly if I could avoid it.  

I didn't have a problem with the bras, by the way.  I just got those going and looking good.  When I finished "sleepwear" (that's what some of the managers call it) I went to Ladies' and did that, then went to Infants because Infants is always a mess.  

I can share I did this because everyone in my store was fixing up departments like me.  The thing I can't talk about.  

I left on time and took Arturo home.  I didn't get much sleep last night so was looking forward to a nap, but #6 was kicking the soccer ball around the yard and into the side of my house on occasion, a little hard to do that.  

I got up and looked around online for a while, did a budget, boy was that depressing.  I did conclude I can get to work early in the morning on Sundays, on the bus.  Saturday morning I will need a ride as I can't go to bed at 11 PM and get up at 3 AM to get ready for the bus, it's impossible.  But Sunday I can take a bus, and if I can ride the bus on Sunday I can definitely do it Monday morning.  I have a 9 AM Monday shift coming up in about a week and a half.  I am going to save the rides for special occasions if at all possible, very bad weather, etc.  

Speaking of I will be using my love offering to come home after work tomorrow (plus more left over!).  Thank you so much for the sweet card, I really appreciate it.  I keep them all in a basket Ron bought me on our honeymoon.  

The cats are good.  I wasn't very hungry so I had a protein shake for dinner with my pills.  I am going to stay awake for half an hour or so give the pills time to digest and then go to bed.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: