Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Wednesday night

 My aunt came, I had fun with her.  I have got to figure out a way to get to Foodtown; we ran by there and they had an incredible deal on produce markdowns.  Even if I only eat a little I will have still saved a lot of money.  I got various fruit options so I can make fruit salads to take with me to work.  I want to eat better and that will be an easy way to do it.  I don't need to eat garbage snacks.  And it can only do me good to eat whole, real, foods.  

I don't know if I shared this but Ron's family is from out of state.  A small town outside a bigger town..and that town is home to a football star with my last name.  So, likely, we are related.  I had talked to my Dad and aunt about buying myself a jersey "someday" and they got bought me one as a surprise.  I like it very much, my name across the back, the colors are great, etc.  It fits great.  It was a little slow shipping apparently but I have it now and I like it.  I am having trouble getting the photo to load on my Google Photos.  But that is OK I can't put it on the blog it reveals my last name.  I did send the guy a friend request on FB if he accepts it that will be fun.  I do plan to follow his career, Dad taught me about football when I was a little girl, and we used to watch games together.  And this guy is very good, Ron used to love listening to his games.  It is fun.  That was a bright spot today.  

We went to the Walmart, went 3 places trying to pay my gas bill and all of them closed.  I will have to try at work tomorrow.  I am reluctant to do online payments but will if I have to.  

I got the fruit I wanted, some really tasty looking grapefruits, some mandarin oranges, a bag of key limes, and some mangoes.  I plan to peel the oranges, put the segments in a container, put a few mangoes, and squirt some lime juice over it all.  But wait!  When we went to Foodtown to get my lemon pies they had a markdown rack of older produce.  It is still good but not as appealing.  They had it done up on trays for $1.  I found a nice tray with kiwi and lemons that looked good so I got that.  So now I can add kiwi to my fruit salad.   It is of course a little bruised so I will cut out the bad parts first.   

As it turns out not a lot of bad parts.  I made one bowl of fruit salad to take tomorrow, cut up kiwi, took the top and bottom parts off the mango, peeled and segmented a nice mandarin orange, halved a key lime to squirt juice on before eating.  That is in my lunchbag, in the fridge.  I also got some portioned out cottage cheese, about 1 cup size with a peel back top.  I put one in there as well.  Fruit and cheese, will be great on a break.  I need to stay away from those mini pecan pies.  Work is very good about supplying disposable, wrapped, cutlery but I am bringing my own utensils just in case.  I also have some salty snack mix in a 2 ounce bag, etc.  No way I will eat all of it but I have OPTIONS.  And most of what I have is very healthy.  

I did keep forgetting the celery sticks (the ones already cleaned) but I can pick those up another day.  This is a really good start.   

Oops I got guava not mango.  They are good, though.  Glad I got a pound.  That's it for now.  

No comments: