Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday morning

 I slept well last night; got up around 8.  I didn't need a shower as I had taken it last night.  

I paid the electric bill (internet) I am not used to doing it online but my company makes it pretty easy.  The next month or so I will set up an account, for now I can just make a one time payment if I crank in the account number.  For now I plan to pay the gas bill (about $70 last month) at work.  My gas bill is naturally higher in the winter as I have a natural gas furnace, and, to quote Ron "It's the first time I've felt WARM in the winter".  

Then I called the guy who did all my work 2 years ago (drywall, light electrical, paint, and flooring).  He was interested in another job.  Of course he asked how I was doing so I had to tell him about Ron.  And I am TERRIBLE at taking condolences.  I am just awful receiving them.  But I got through that and told him what I wanted, sent him some pictures, made an appointment to have him come out and give a formal estimate.  

Plan is my aunt's friend will pay for repairs, which would be awesome.  She is a very nice lady (they both are).  I just need to clean a few things out of Ron's room before the work starts.  

I did have some trouble with my "messages" folder it froze up and I had to reboot my phone, but I got through that and got the messages sent with a brief explanation of what I wanted.  I plan to do the work in 2 stages, first will be drywall/paint (I really need to get that done with cats getting into the wall), then the floor.  I mainly want to keep the cats out of the wall.  I am sure I will love the color when that's done.  My email has been glitchy too but I am getting through that OK.  It may be time for a new email, maybe.  I have had this one for 24 years and I get an astounding amount of spam.  I may have 2 accounts one for actual correspondence I want and another for shopping, etc.  But I have my email set up with the bank... ugh.  So I will have to keep it for now.  

I also made a protein shake so I am good on that account.  I need to figure out lunch snacks the next couple days for work.  I work 4 days, two long and two short.  For the long days I can get a double cheese burger from McD's and then have accessory snacks with that.  For the short days I plan to take a lunch I make myself.  I can take a bus home from work on Saturday, and a bus to work on Sunday, but take my usual ride home Thursday and Friday nights, then a ride home on Sunday because that's when I arranged to meet my handyman.  

I need to get walnuts and cheese sticks.  Then I am good for lunches.  I may get some yogurt covered raisins I'm not sure.  I already got Chex mix (cheese flavored) in the little bags, and some individually wrapped Biscotti which will be good.  I used to hate these sort of snacks available to the general public when I had the vending business but now I love them.  

The vending machine at work is not exactly predictable.  I told the service guy the canned soda vendor had a coin jam and he played dumb, said he "couldn't" fix it.  If I could fix a coin jam anyone could.  I was pretty disgusted and I do NOT view myself as any sort of "handy" person.  I even gave away all Ron's tools (except the vice grips which I use to open stubborn bottles of soda).  

But I will deal with the snacks tomorrow.  I got some chicken Vienna sausage.  I would like to carry that for a work snack, low carb, high protein, decent amount of salt (I actually have to consume a high salt diet), cheap, we seem to have plenty available.  But I need to try it and see 1.  Is it revolting?  and 2.  Is it a migraine trigger?  

I took a nap and woke up with a headache which I am still battling, if I can get that under control I will try the sausage.  If I like it I will buy a couple cans every time I go into work and build up a little stash, take them in my lunches as an option if I am still hungry.  

I had some food insecurity as a child.  My family had plenty of food but it didn't always get to me because my mother was incapacitated by depression/drinking.  Dad had to work, nannies weren't a thing, my sister was in school.  So I would often go unfed for long periods of time.  Dad always fed me first thing when he got home from work (probably after changing me which didn't happen either I imagine).  But I just built up that insecurity about my next meal which has driven some food choices in my life.  All that to say I like to have a little more than I need in my lunch, so I will not go hungry.  I don't eat it all, usually, but it is nice to have it there.  Also if a coworker forgets her wallet or something I can offer something to eat without affecting my meal.  

I like doing up the meals in advance, that way, in the morning, I can just grab the bag and head out the door.  But that's tomorrow.  

My head is feeling better thank God.  I will let you know what happens with the sausage.  

That's it for now.  


Edit: the sausage was OK I might actually want some hot sauce with it.  We will see if I get a headache tomorrow.  

No comments: