Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Tuesday morning

 I went to bed early and slept pretty well; but woke up again in the middle of the night.  Not liking that.  

And I am being really strict with caffeine.  

I got up, took my blood sugar and blood pressure readings, they were good.  I took a shower and shaved my legs.  They were pretty bad.  

Not sure if I mentioned it last night but Biscuit slashed me pretty good getting in my lap.  I was covered in blood it was pretty gruesome.  All on the inside of my sweatpants, which are black so they don't show.  Anyway he must have gotten a vein.  It finally stopped bleeding but I needed to clean it up; I used peroxide and it looks fine today (not infected).  

The cats are good.  Mom sent some catnip treats which they love (Temptations) even Spotty had some, and he never eats treats.  So they were eager for the delicious new treats this morning during my God Time.  I am apparently giving them enough treats that Torbie is gaining some weight, and Baby Girl remains, well, fat.  When 2 different visitors on different occasions call her fat I have to accept that.  

Ron would be pleased.  He said once "A skinny cat is unnatural".  And you may say, well a fat cat doesn't like as long, and you're right.  But all of these cats are rescues and suffered severe food insecurity at least once in their lives.  So I don't want to put them on a diet.  I feed them 1/2 cup dry food a day, some treats (about 10 for Torbie and Baby Girl), abundant water and that's it.  Rarely (less often than once a month) I give them a can of wet food (not fish).  I feel OK about that.  

When Biscuit has been boarded at the vet she had him on a similar diet (1/2 cup a day).  

So I did my Bible study, happy about that.  I am a little depressed.  1.  Fixing up Ron's room means facing he is really dead and never coming back.  2.  My aunt is moving.  3.  Finances (a sponsor is covering the home repairs).  

So that's where I am right now.  It is cold and overcast today so I'm happy I don't have to go to work.  

No comments: