Thursday, January 6, 2022

My Dad doesn't read the blog...

 And she is calling him today anyway.  My aunt is moving 4 hours away.  I knew it was coming when her 2 boys who lived in Houston went to this town to be with their other brother.  So she's got 3 of them and assorted grand kids up there.  She has me, and some friends, in Houston, her doctors (anyone over a certain age has a few doctors), but the draw was too much, the house a great deal and in the perfect location, wonderful church, etc.  

How does that affect me?  Well I don't get the interaction every week time spent with someone who loves me, in person.  I do have phone and email and we do talk a fair amount on the phone anyway.  I don't get the help running errands, which I will miss but almost everywhere delivers.  I am still figuring out candy for the handouts, Walgreens had some but not much.  Can I rely on them long term?  Or do I need to make a massive candy run at Sam's club in a few weeks?  I will pray on that.  

I am happy for her feeling a little sorry for myself.  I am glad she waited this far out from Ron's death, the estate is settled, etc.  We just need to put his money in my savings, fix up his room, and get me new glasses and I will be good to go.  

I have been avoiding Ron's room.  I do need to address that before she leaves.  I think I will take it in 2 stages: stage 1 do the drywall and paint (can finally let cats in there), last stage flooring.  I don't feel up for doing it all at once.  I will have him out to give me an estimate next week.  

Anyway I woke up pretty horribly depressed but I had 3 cats in the bed, that was awesome.  I got up, fed them, started getting ready.  I took my shower last night so I was good on that account, I just had to freshen up.  I did my God Time so that's done.  I don't even have to leave the house for over an hour which is very nice.  

I was thinking about my transportation budget and how I can make that work on my wages.  That is an issue.  I can cover pretty much all expenses but that on what I make, including house expenses (taxes and insurance).  I will pray on that as well.  Some days I am going to need a ride, like coming home tonight, going to work at 9 am after working a late night the night before, etc.  Do I really need a ride home after working 5 hours when I have 2 days off when I get home?  I'm thinking no which is a little sad I loved jumping in that cab and going right to leisure time, but I will manage.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: