Thursday, January 27, 2022

I am feeling better about fixing up Ron's room.

 Bid accepted, contractor coming out in 2 weeks.  I sent my aunt a list of what I need if she and her husband want to just go get that and bring it to my house without waiting for my day off.  Someone at work took a vacation so I have to cover, a lot of hours for me but not much time off (split days off).  

I did set up a phone appointment with my doctor, for Monday.  That will be good to let him know I am OK.  I am still having disrupted sleep due to aunt leaving/financial worries but I will adjust.  If I could get through losing Ron and my job in just a couple of days I feel like I can get through anything.  And won't it be nice when I'm sleeping through the night again?  

My weight is 208 which I find OK considering I went on vacation and ate things like candied pecans at Buc-ees and bengiets at Cafe Du Monde.  I ate a big green salad last night for dinner, and also some fruit salad at a different point.  I cut up real fruit no syrup or anything so I feel that is a better choice for me.  I plan to bring some to work today I can have it on my last break.  My new fruit salad has blood oranges, mandarins, banana, and some melon in it.  

I am trying to eat different colored fruits and vegetables.  I can't go wrong doing that.  

I had a hard time getting to fixing Ron's room because it means admitting he is dead.  I did fine cleaning the room out and donating pretty much everything I could.  Had a harder time with fixing the room up again.  But I need to get this done before my aunt leaves and the cats will love to get in the room again.  I am looking forward to decorating it although it won't need much.  

I already have the bed.  I already have the bedding and denim-toned bedspread (washable).  I just need to get a chair, folding table, some organization (I plan to do up my Driver Candy at the table, it takes up a fair amount of room), and a couple of pillows.  I can get the table and organizer stuff (milk crates) at work.  Pillows I can get at a home store like Ikea or Home Goods, maybe Amazon.  Chair not getting that at work I will have to figure that out.  Probably Ikea.  Something with wheels would be great.  Or I could get something with wheels for my computer desk and then move the computer desk chair into Ron's room.  I also need to get some top sheets for the bed on the off chance someone sleeps there.  

I have a couple of floor fans I can use for the work when they are doing, haul those out and point it at the walls.  I may give the contractor one of them it is too loud and terrifies the cats.  I don't plan to put anything on the floor because cats just like to get sick on the floor.  My one throw rug in my bedroom is probably trashed as a result.  I will have to check that out the next time I have a "high energy" phase.  I think I can lint brush off the cat hair but the stains may need a hose.  

But I can actually get behind nesting for the room.  That's a big step.  And my aunt's friend is paying for it so that's even better.  It will do wonders for the resale value of the house if I ever want to sell (I don't).  And best of all I don't have to worry about the cats in the wall.  

That's it for now; I work a long day today so I will probably not post when I get home tonight.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fixing up the room is a good idea, you can keep the door open and light from whatever windows in there will come into the rest of the house.
Light sunny rooms beat back depression.