Friday, July 3, 2020

Well, that was interesting

So Ron has a brother and sister living.   

The brother and sister are married (not to each other!).  Things splintered pretty bad when Ron had his accident and I was defiant and fiercely protective... not a good combination with burned out (they had been Ron's little caregivers from the time he was born), freaked out, "real" family.  

So I didn't hear anything.  Understandable, looking back.  

Until tonight.  Now, Ron's nephew, his sister's son, sent me a friend request about 10 years ago.  It took a lot of fast talking on his part but I accepted, we chat rarely.  He does read my posts because he got to me pretty quick after Ron had the seizure.  I keep him posted.  

So, tonight his Dad, Ron's brother in law, sent me a friend request.  I thought about it for a minute and accepted.  I can't see any harm.  Ron's nephew did say they are settling the parent's estate so they may need Ron's contact information.  It would be nice if we got "something" I would be ecstatic if I could get all the photos I sent Ron's Mom over the years, assuming she kept them.  

We will see.  I am glad I did not put the urinal story up on the main wall, only in my caregiver group.  

But hunting me down, now... sending a friend request with no message - very curious.  I am keeping an open mind.  

I am pretty much over the attitude I had back then because I understand caregiver burnout better and their fear he would turn out pretty much the way he did.  Maybe my new friend will come over and sit with Ron while I go to Walmart.  

Ha ha.  

No comments: