Wednesday, July 22, 2020

IT'S DONE!

NEW TOILET TODAY!  I have flushed it several times and it works great.  

So, the old toilet was just a, pardon the pun, a piece of crap.  I am NEVER getting another American Standard fixture in my home it was only good for a couple years and stopped flushing.  Then I had to flush with a bucket of water for longer than I care to admit, while we saved the money for a new toilet.  

And a new toilet, professionally installed, is not cheap!  Finally managed it today, wrapped the new tub fixture in with the toilet install at what seemed like a fair price (still does seem reasonable).  Old piece of junk is out at the curb, we will see if the hoarders take it.  Someone probably will, worst case it sits out there till next week and we get it picked up on trash day.  

Absolute worst case I hire a junk hauler to take it off for $20.  

But it's done - I almost cried I was so happy.  The plumber was thrilled he does not often get that sort of raw response to his work.  I can be very transparent emotionally - that is a mixed blessing, but good today, I think.  

So that finished he moved on to the shower fixture.  It was very convenient the drywall was out in Ron's room, he just cut a little more off and worked at it from back and front sides, got that done, I turned it on myself.  And off... it works fine.  So everything in the bathroom is brand new.  

We will deal with the garbage disposal another day.  

So all new plumbing and a brand new bathroom for me...very nice.  

Some will say it's overdue.  Well, it's done now, isn't it?  And I don't have to freak if the social worker makes a home visit.  

Today was all plumbing so I will work on housecleaning Friday, I have to work tomorrow.  But that is a huge thing off my plate.  

No more flushing with a bucket that got SO old.  

I got a Lysol "Hygenic" toilet bowl hanger it hangs over the side of the bowl.  It has a very nice lemon fresh much better than the old "Calcutta" ambiance.  [sigh]

The cats hid for a while but came out after he left.  I moved the cat condo from Ron's room to the orange room.  Torbie ran pretty fast at one point, seeing him, so I think her arthritis can't be too bad.  So we are done for the plumbing, at least today.  

And I don't think a new disposer is going to be too horrible.  But I do want a professional to do that because that's one hell of a leak if they screw up.  

I want to celebrate but not sure what I would do for it.  

Ron behaved himself (mostly) today so that was a relief.  

That's it for now, I'm going to go dig through the fridge and figure out my "big meal" for the day.  I do one big meal in the afternoon/evening and take my pills.  

No comments: