Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Most of Tuesday

Ron had a horrible night, all night, for pain.  I didn't sleep very well as a result.  

I did get up on time.  I helped Ron, took my shower, did my God Time.  Took care of the cats.  

The plumber came by and quoted me about what I had expected from our conversation earlier.  My face showed it was not a small amount but I did say I would pay it.  

The tub faucet is leaking so it needs repair.  I had to explain to Ron - poor baby- US WITH THE LEAKS! It was "down the drain" and not harming our house in any way. 

But our water chemistry seems to tear out the plumbing every 8 years ago, this will be our third tub faucet.  The plumber said he will not be using the same "crap" brand toilet we have at present - that is the one thing I said.  We agreed white toilet, elongated (because I have a big butt but I didn't say that!), comfort height for Ron.  It was a little more than I wanted to pay but I would rather pay and extra $50 and get something without all the aggravation we had with the old toilet.  Then he left after saying hi to Ron, who was of course half dressed (I had thrown the blanket over Ron but he pulled it off.  The plumber just laughed.  Good thing he has a sense of humor.  

So he left.  I got a text from the pharmacy right about the time Ron fell asleep.  All my stuff was in, and it was $76 for all 4 prescriptions at 3 months.  And that, my friend (a phrase my Dad likes to use a lot) is why I take generics.  $25 a month is nothing to pay for sanity.  I pay more for my cell phone.  

Ron had slept really poorly last night so I wanted him to get his sleep.  The ER doc had mentioned sleep deprivation can cause seizures and I didn't want that just to tell him I was going to the store.  But he woke up and I told him.  

He asked me for a couple of things before I left, which I did.  One being testing the batteries in his radio because he didn't want it to die while I was gone.  I was only gone about an hour.  

So, I went to the bank.  I made a deposit to cover more transportation and turned in the signed forms re: the fraud on my account (me signing I didn't do it).  It took a while, they scanned it all.  I thought it was interesting they were so invested in this, and they took the money out of my account so they are not short.  Presumably I get the money $30, back when they process the forms.  

My plan: inaugurate the new credit card.  This would be my first purchase on a credit card, ever.  On mine at any rate.  I went to the pharmacy, one old lady had about 10 prescriptions and sent some of them back.  I finally got up there and they got it for me, payment went through without a hitch (so I owe about $150 total).  I did a little additional shopping (about $20) and went out to wait.  

I had a pretty quick ride home.  

I got home and dealt with Ron.  Did some cleaning.  

Doorbell rang it was the plumber bringing the toilet, I was very excited to see it.  It is just parked right now, not set up.  That, hopefully, happens tomorrow.  Can't happen too soon.  

Ron is in a really foul mood I am trying not to let it affect me.  He was very nasty to me when I was helping him and I told him "Don't kid yourself, if our roles were reversed, if I were in the wheelchair, you would have gotten rid of me a LONG time ago."  And the sad thing, he agreed.  

Trying to love a narcissist is a losing battle I don't think he can really "love" outside of someone serving a need.  They serve a need, he "loves" them, they can't, he doesn't.  One reason he is always so affectionate when I have just done something above and beyond.  

There are things I won't talk about anymore due to snitching and being made a spectacle.  But I do expect a certain level out of him.  If he is not willing to meet those levels then we are going to need to readjust the relationship.  He seems entirely happy living in his bed with a big bottle of vodka.  

I need him able to take care of his needs when I am gone.  I have made most of that very easy, the toilet chair in the bedroom, the urinals, snacks and drinks for him, radio and headphones, talking book machine... but half the time I feel like anyone could give that to him and it wouldn't matter.  He would miss his cat but that is all.  

It is really sad to think just 5 years ago he was walking around the home.  

I am not super hungry but thinking about the grilled cheese fixings I got the other day.  Do I want to make one, now?  

Surprisingly, Ron asked me to make the house colder, it is pretty warm so I was happy to do it.  Hopefully Mike (the plumber) gives me a little notice tomorrow so I can turn down the AC - make it colder, I mean, before he comes.  Not many people are happy with 85 degrees and poor Mike almost suffocated during the re pipe.  

Apparently the shower is going to be a real bitch but I will do what I can to make it easy.  Pete, the guy who retiled back in 2012, took great pride in making a small opening which did NOT make Mike happy.  Worst case he will figure it out, he has been at this a while.  

If I can flush, and the tub faucet doesn't leak, I will be a happy woman.  I am focusing on the end result here.  

It is easy to get overwhelmed in anxiety.  And I remember my intake interview at county mental health.  I remember the social worker looking at me like "You poor bitch".  She asked about anxiety and described it and I said that was a CONSTANT issue for me.  And it has been, I don't whine about it but it's ongoing and 1000 times worse if I have too much caffeine or don't get enough sleep like I did last night.  

On a plus note, Torbie got on me as I sat on the couch, that seems to be the cuddle spot.  Biscuit will get in my lap here in front of the computer and he won't bother it if I pet him.  Anyway Torbie got up on me.  Some of the cats have this thing where they like to knead me and snag their claws in my clothes, one reason I wear inexpensive clothes.  I think this t-shirt is a write off as a result.  It was very comfortable and I assume I can just buy another.  

I think I am going to make that grilled cheese.  


No comments: