Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Most of Tuesday

I always find it funny when Ron says he is not hungry and then eats half the rotisserie chicken.  [grin]

We had a little midnight excitement.  I forget Ron cannot do any sort of fruit or fruit juice, hopefully that has been locked in our heads now.  

I took my shower late last afternoon so I did not need one when I got up, I did my God time.  I got one the computer for a while, it rained, I decided to go to Walmart and my bank.  

Jack couldn't do it but he said please call again.  I called Arturo and we went.  I went to the bank and made my deposit, then Walmart.  I got almost everything on the list, including cheap bath towels and a bunch of washcloths.  I was very happy to find both as I use them in home care.  

They didn't have many cleaning products, but did have the Clorox bleach gel toilet bowl cleaner I wanted.  I looked at laundry detergents but really wanted to keep a lean budget.  I didn't get much food aside from the roast chicken and some hard boiled eggs.  Ron likes a hard boiled egg with a little salt now and then.  I got some more tampons and some Irish Spring soap, a deodorant ($1.53), etc.  

I hated to get it, such a hassle, but got some bottled water as Ron likes it.  He will only drink bottled water and our current case was about done.  I have a few in reserve for emergencies but this one I use for drinking.  I couldn't find disinfecting wipes but they did have the wet wipes, which we use a lot.  Bathroom time, cleanup after eating, etc.  

All in all a pretty good trip, especially happy about the wet wipes and towels.  I called Arturo he was a ways off but I waited... I have had issues with Uber and Arturo will help load/unload and never gets an attitude about me using the trunk.  

Worth the wait.  I give him a little extra for helping, too.  I want him to want the trip.  

Came home, put it all away (took forever).  Ron said he wanted to buy some miracle pain cure he heard on the radio, I said those things are scams designed to get your card on auto pay, and you can never turn it off - people have had to close accounts to get those guys out of their wallet.  So I told him no it is a scam.  It got a little heated.  

I took a shower, I try to get the germs off before I do anything, I had already put my clothes in the wash with the new towels and washcloths.  That went well, I am just waiting for the rinse.  

When I wash towels I do a rinse with 1/2 cup vinegar to get all the suds out.  It works very well and the towels are more absorbent.  Yes, they have a vinegar aroma.  But more absorbent and I really don't put them to my face, anyway.  

Tomorrow I will clean the floors and toilet, leave it at that.  Thursday hopefully I can just vegetate.  I am caught up on laundry once I get the towels dry.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: