Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday

I can tell you I have a prayer ministry and pray for all of you, daily, reached and unreached.  I even send up a special prayer for the sweet encourager who sends me cards.  I can tell you I do Bible study and devotionals every day, and will have read about half the Bible by the end of the year.  The goal I read it through once a year, sometimes that doesn't work out, but I do that every day.  In fact, my devotionals are falling apart. If you want to send me one check my wish list, I have a couple of hardbacks which will hopefully be more robust than my poor paperbacks.  

I can tell you I hand out Bibles and Bible promise books as directed by the Holy Spirit.  In fact, I am happy to discuss all of that because I am doing what I have been essentially ORDERED to do by the Bible.  

The Bible says to do good works (charity).  Jesus also says not to talk about them: 

Matthew 6 New King James Version (NKJV)

Do Good to Please God

“Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

So, really ORDERED not to say anything, but I will, a little.  I have two charity deductions that go out every month.  The first one keeps going through no matter what I do to my card, which is great.  No typing in new numbers all the time, when I get a new card or the old one expires.  

The second one, World Missionary Press.  I like them because they can make 25 booklets for a dollar, so that $5-10 can go quite a ways.  But my old card expired.  

I wasn't in a hurry to renew it, to be honest, I had a lot of financial and other pressures.  Ron had just been diagnosed with epilepsy.  Lots of stress  Plenty of excuses.  

But I finally got on the ball and redid it today.  It was easy.  And now I can just put that line item in my first of the month budget.  Without divulging much I will say it was a bit much at the end of the month.  Although I only have 2 payments left to the HOA and then that's $85 in my pocket again.  

And I want to be clear I am not coughing up large sums, but again, Jesus said the two mites was "more" from the widow because it cost her more.  And the charities I help can really take a small amount of money and turn it into something eternal.

So I feel good about that and that's why I put the links on my page.  I will say both do send progress reports and ask for MORE money aside from what I'm already giving but my Dad always had a slogan 'If you don't ask, the answer's ALWAYS no".  

That's all I can really discuss.  Ron does something too which gets him serious respect from me.  And I think God values a lower income person doing a small amount.  

I would just hate to get up before The Throne on Judgment Day and say I did NOTHING.  That would be awful.  But, some will.  

I don't judge others that is God's job.  But I will clean my own house and guide my husband if I feel it's merited.  Anything more than that, no.  

I do find it funny I am still on the mailing list for the Bible publisher.  I have a decent amount of Bibles in the garage (taped closed so dirt won't get in and ruin them), so I don't need more.  I just got a catalog which I saved, you never know.  

And I got another sweet card AND a bookmark, I find that funny because I needed one and hadn't mentioned it at all.  

Funny how that works.  
 

No comments: