Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday morning

I wonder if I need to tell my doctor about the temper tantrum.  

I slept great last night.  I did have a hot flash yesterday from stress but that was remarkable and nothing since, so I continue to take the herbs.  In case you haven't been following, Swanson Vitamin: Black Cohosh, Wild Yam, and Dong Quai (separate herbs).  You want to send me a present send some of those!  :)  

So I slept OK but when I woke up Ron was moaning and in pain.  I got him going with some herbs and Advil.  He is snoring now but wakes up every now and then, yelling in pain.  

Mania has faded off somewhat it generally does these days.  I have been taking everything as directed.  

 I figured out my budget, I still haven't gotten the $30 back from the hackers yet.  Not happy about that.  I had planned to cook up some basmati rice in chicken broth and use that with the cooked chicken from yesterday, bag up "dinners" and freeze - they'll get good when I'm depressed.  So the budget is pretty lean to say the least.  

I am not crazy about my rice pot but it has done the job until today, when I tried to put the inner pot into the warmer it wouldn't fit, it is out of round somehow and won't fit, won't pop up when the food is done... could burn down my kitchen if I used it.  

So I had a little tantrum with some quiet cursing and I believe some hand gestures.  I walked off (if I am really angry I will walk off) and did some internet message boards, etc.  It dawned on me I could still cook the rice on the stovetop so I got that started.  From what I hear Basmati expands quite a bit when cooked so I will have tons of rice for my meals.  My chicken boullion powder has MSG - more cursing as that is a guaranteed migraine - but I found some bone broth and used that.  We will see how it turns out but hopefully delicious, and then I will have a dozen "chicken and rice" dinners in the freezer ready to go.  

That's the plan.  

So I will need a new rice pot.  I will tell you a secret, everytime I buy something new for the kitchen it is red.  I really like red in my kitchen.  The stockpot, my silicone spoon, etc.  And Amazon has a red rice pot with good reviews.  When will I be able to get it?  Who knows.  But it's out there and can find a home on my counter one day.  

I do have to say I like the extra room on the counter.  So it's not all bad.  

Plan for the morning: finish rice, do up chicken and rice in freezer except one for today.  Take a shower.  Do my God Time.  Hopefully get a nap.  

Ron (bigmouth) recently asked if #6 was OK they had been so quiet... so you can imagine the result.  [laugh]  They have been pretty loud every day since.  I think they have a kiddie pool.  I am very happy they are healthy and happy, I really do want good things for them as they did clear out that tree for me and rebuild the fence without asking for $$$.  They didn't have to do that.  

But sometimes I would like a nap, that is all.  

Ron did not like the watermelon rum and told me to pour it out.  I thought that was funny as he has never told me to pour anything out, including the vile tasting McCormick vodka in the plastic bottle.  He prefers the Nikolai vanilla vodka, but has been reasonable in his usage since I talked with him.  

He woke up and is not moaning so that's good.  I gave him 4 kratom this morning (he has taken up to 20 on a really bad day).  I have my budget locked down pretty tight I have my doctor visit ($50), cell phone ($35 and I need to go fix that tomorrow!), bank fees, etc.  Bank fees are reasonable only $10 if I have a low balance.  

It is funny to think I had $20K in my account for a while back then until Roto Rooter got their check.  They took their sweet time cashing it, too.  

 That was nice checking my balance for a few days.  

I still don't get why the insurance didn't pay them directly?  

Anyway I checked the chicken I did yesterday and I had to throw it out.  I was very glad we hadn't eaten any, I would rather lose a few dollars.  I almost died of Salmonella in 2004 and I would never want to experience that again, or have Ron suffer.  

He has been great today, murdered a good amount of roast chicken (Walmart's cooking), had some lemonade... I asked him if he wanted a wipe for his (chicken grease) hands and he laughed, said he had wiped his hand on the sheet.  NOT a problem as it needs to be washed anyway and we found it funny.  But this is why I have cheap sheets for him.  

I will strip it and change when he gets up.  He has been very good natured about staying home which is wonderful, I don't have to worry about him.  I am pretty diligent with hand washing when I get home.  I did some work cleaning around the toilet, that one nasty Mc Judgington would be happy to hear it if she is still around.  I want the new toilet to have a good seal.  I need to take some stuff out of the shower before I can bathe and I am running mixed today (both manic and depressed) so it feels a lot harder today.  

I have to move Ron's wheelchair because it, and the commode chair, take up all the room next to the bed.  So when I need to help him I pull it out and leave it in the hall.  He doesn't really go anywhere in the wheelchair lately but he needs it in case we have a problem and need to flee.  So I will always have it accessible.  

BUT Biscuit came along and laid in the wheelchair parking area, so sweet and cute, stretched on his back, cuddly and adorable.  Who would make him move?    

Ugh I hate depression.  

So glad I did take my antidepressant today.  

No comments: