Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday

Work took a lot longer than I thought but I got it all done.  

Sam's had a very nice fruit and cheese tray in the "refrigerated lunch" area and I ate some of that for lunch.  Later on Ron and I split the rest for dinner.  

I stocked everything, took the money, and went home.  We had enough to pay me and a little for Ron, so that's a win.  I plan to be very stingy with my money, though.  

I have read (and discussed before) the "best" way to handle a pandemic, take a shower immediately upon entering the home and wash the clothes as well.  So I did that.  

Ron woke up, he was happy to see me.  He was fine being left.  We had the fruit and cheese tray for dinner.  I may have some spiced rum later.  

I ran around a lot today and am pretty wiped out.  Example: the bank, some butthead shoved past me, cutting, in line.  I told him "The end of the line is back there!" pointing.  He told me to f#ck off and gave me the finger... nice guy.  

Sam's was good they were fully stocked and had the delicious lunch/dinner tray.  It was about a pound according to the label.  

Jack was upset I had been waiting and told me, if I finish early, to call him.  He is the only helper who has ever told me that.  

I spread the love, today.  I took Uber to the bank.  I took Arturo to Sam's.  I took Jack to work and then arranged for him to pick me up and take me home.  He was happy to make a little spending money and get out of the house; I gave him the fish oil the cats never touched.  His elderly dog will love it.  Jack also said feel free to call him for other trips.  

I don't like to impose so it was nice to hear.  I would rather be "too nice" and not take advantage.  Ron is with me in that.  

It took forever stocking but I literally put all the new merchandise straight into the machines.  I was diligent and made sure all the prices were correct, etc.  I stocked popular favorites that will move quickly.  I provided good customer service.  

So I feel like I did a good job today.  I do have to say Ron's timing was perfect this morning on the toilet, right before I left, so I had time to help him.  Just BEFORE I hailed the Uber and not after.  Just perfect timing.  

I could help him, not worry about this happening while I was gone... good timing.  

New toilet and shower continue to behave perfectly.  Cats are good.  

I am of two minds.  One: get all the housework and errands done tomorrow.  Two: take the day off and relax.  We will see.  

Ron was very sweet and appreciative.  That makes my job a lot easier.  I need to get a vitamin into him before I go to bed and then I will call it done.  

No comments: