Friday, July 17, 2020

Well, I didn't have to get up at 3.

But it was a long day.  Got up, took care of my needs (did God Time later), took care of Ron (bath, feed, etc), get ready to go.  

Wednesday I did not sleep well and only had about 5 hours of poor sleep at that.  I forgot the backpack, which had BOTH the checkbooks (Ron's personal, and the business), important business documents (sales tax form), etc. at work when I left.  But where did I leave it?  The question haunted me the last couple nights, especially worrying as the other vendor has the bad habit of leaving the stockroom unlocked.  

So I had to resolve that today, I may have needed to stock.  I also had to go to the bank to deposit to cover the sales tax check, and last but not least had to go to my bank to turn on my new debit card.  And Ron had finished the last of the roast chicken.  

How to schedule all this?  I prayed about it and figured this out: 

Go to Business bank and make deposit (did that, took about an hour what with waiting in line)  I was PISSED because the teller took the blank deposit slip and wrote $200 deposit instead of $600.  You can BET I caught that and made it clear he had BETTER fix it.  He was probably planning to put that $400 cash into his pocket.  Little turd.  

Went to work, found the backpack, everything in it.  Did sales tax report and mailed it.  Early, no less.  Ron is Mr Today It's The Due Date I'd Guess We'd Better.  I stocked what I could (not much!), and took cash (not much!) out of the machines.  

Next stop my bank which is near a Walmart.  I turned on my debit card (and it just worked for Amazon so it's OK), and went to the Walmart.  I got some stuff for me and a nice big family sized rotisserie chicken for Ron.  He loves roast chicken, passionately, and is delighted to eat it at every meal.  It is loaded with protein and healthy fats so why not?  He is not stuffing his belly with trash carbs.  He has eaten two regular sized ones so I feel pretty comfortable he will eat the family size (twice as big, only about 1/3 more expensive).  Even if he doesn't finish it he will get $7 worth.  He has already eaten a quarter of it for dinner.  

I started my cycle this morning so I was at least rigged up properly for all my running around.  Right on time this month.  I skipped a month a while back but seem to be "normal" again.  I really don't care how long I cycle I take iron supplements which would be my only concern.  

And I got more pads.  

So I paid.  While waiting in line the guy behind me kept crawling up my butt with his shopping cart.  I asked him to back off and he said "Why?"  

Every now and then God drops a good one-liner in my head.  "Because I might be sick".  He backed RIGHT up and in fact went to another lane!  The cart behind me now did keep a proper distance.  

Some people want to be buttheads about the distancing, mask, etc.  I am the first to tell you I hate wearing a mask, but I am going to do it to protect myself, Ron especially, and others.  

Arturo drove me around to all of this as my Uber wasn't turned on to my debit card yet.  He paid a few bills today let me tell you!  But he was nice about it, doesn't enforce a mask in the cab, etc.  

I came home, Ron care again.  He is very good about using the commode chair which is 1000% more safe for him but does require emptying.  I bought some liners that work very well so I just tie up the bag and toss it in the outside trash, like you would a diaper.  And his urinal had to go too... so I took care of that, fed him some of the chicken, which he ate down to the bone.  Ron is a man very serious about eating his chicken.  About the only time I have seen him not like chicken was the last time I brought him Popeyes.  He said it was too salty.  He ate it but not with his usual relish.  

The times he has lost his flavors he was particularly devastated he could not eat chicken.  So I was happy to see him devouring this.  

I cleaned up all that and did the litter boxes, then I said I am DONE with "work" for the day.  I did my God Time and then got on the computer, put my new card into Amazon and bought some pea protein.  I really like the results from the protein, it is very filling and I am sated for hours.  It is a high quality protein especially blended with the hemp protein I bought back in better times (I keep that in the fridge).  I plan to do a hemp/pea shake every morning with my pills I think it will be a very good, albeit not very tasty, way to start my day.  But I do not require artificial flavoring in everything I consume.  

The protein will arrive tomorrow and I will mix it.  Apparently 20% hemp is a good ratio.  I will also cook my chicken thighs tomorrow I need to hurry up and get them.  

You may wonder why I am keeping him home, paratransit drivers are getting sick at an alarming rate.  Same with regular bus drivers particularly my route, they have had about a dozen just on my route.  I think we have asymptomatic super spreaders riding paratransit and the bus, they don't know they are sick but getting all the drivers sick.  Ron can't get sick if he is not riding.  

I saw a very sad old man at Ron's bank today.  He was wearing a mask but not properly, he did not cover his nostrils.  He kept getting close to people, one of those very lonely people who goes to retail establishments to get socially "fed".  I get "fed" mainly online.  Don't get me wrong, if I meet an extrovert it is yak time but I don't have to go out for it.  

So I got it ALL done, and will even have a healthy dinner of hard boiled eggs and some milk for dinner.  Work was so dead I don't need to go back for days, so I don't have to worry about Monday.  I have my phone appointment with my psychiatrist on Monday but that's it.  

The tub faucet is leaking (about the only fixture not replaced) so we will be getting that, and the toilet, fixed next week (the other fixture we didn't change out).  Then we should be DONE with inbound plumbing for at least 8 years.  

It has been my observation the tub faucets only last about 8 years, so I assume my 2 new faucets (bathroom sink and kitchen sink) will also last about that long, I will go ahead and budget for them all being swapped out in 2028 assuming I am not raptured.    We are definitely looking at a higher water bill this month as a result of the leak but shouldn't be hideous.  

That's it for now.  I plan to vegetate for a few hours and go to bed early.  

No comments: