Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thursday

I am running pretty depressed today.  I did take care of Ron and the cats.  I got the flea medicine and had to chase the boys to dose them, the girls were good about it.  Everyone has been dosed.  I still have one dose, left.  

That would have been Mama Cat's dose but she has moved on, one way or another.  Personally I think she found another home.  It would have been great for the family, a turnkey cat already fixed and socialized... 

Anyway I dosed the cats.   I fed Ron some roast chicken.  I froze the chicken leftovers.  It was day 3.  I always try to freeze or toss leftovers at day 3.  I gave Ron his vitamin.  So I feel his nutritional needs have been met, at least the basics.  

He asked me why I let him sleep most of today and I told him the ER doctor said sleep deprivation causes seizures.  So I always try to let him sleep unless it is urgent.  He is "naturally" pretty quiet these days so he won't bother me if he wakes up when I am taking a nap.  

So I took care of the home making part of the program, also cleaned the litter box too.  I don't need to do laundry but I may run a clean cycle on the washer.  

Tomorrow I need to clean the water bowls, then do the report the day after, probably go to work Monday.  I need to do an inventory and stock.  

Biscuit threw up but he does that now and then.  He is just a nauseous cat.  He throws up on everything I feed him, but he's a big beefy boy of 18 pounds so I am not worried about his nutrition.  Some cats are just like that, in my experience the males.  Bubba in particular (the solid black one) was a big puker as well, usually in my bed while I was sleeping, then I'd roll over and EWWW.  At least Biscuit pukes on the floor, the tile at that.  

Although the only carpet is Ron's room.  Eventually we will get Ron's room done but I think right now it is more important to have an emergency fund.  The room is usable, not pretty but workable.  Quote + materials for the room remodel will be about $1,500.  That's a lot of money.  

My hands still smell like chicken, Torbie is very interested.  I don't know - never taught - a more elegant way to de flesh a cooked chicken I just rip it apart with my bare hands.  My great grandmother, the one I resemble, could eat fried chicken with a knife and fork as she went to a very prestigious finishing school, and never lost her manners.  Then her great grandson in law is lying around naked eating chicken with his bare hands.  Society has deteriorated!  [grin]

I never feel bad at those abused animals commercials because I have 5 rescues.  All are well cared for.  Two were feral and unsuitable for adoption, one was elderly and unwanted, one is sick with a chronic condition, and Baby Girl was the only "desirable" one when we got her.  She was small, cute, and friendly when we got her but the rest all had various issues.  So I took in 4 unadoptable animals and give them a home, that's a LOT.  Especially when you factor in vet care, flea medicine, special food, etc.  

I told Ron my budget was tight but I had no problem buying the Advantage for the cats.  It is the only "good" medicine = works, doesn't leave them greasy, and doesn't make them sick.  I have bought other brands and been upset so I always go back to the Advantage.  It would be a lot cheaper if I just sponsored an animal, let me tell you, but I like having a big furry thing in my bed. 

They are a great comfort to us.  I am so glad I got Cleo dosed, she was very itchy and scratching herself raw, that will end in a few hours as all the fleas die off.  She was the worst off.  

And that has also been my experience, some cats are just more vulnerable to fleas.  Frosty was one like that, he was white.  Cleo is about half white, half calico.  So maybe white cats are more prone to flea issues?  I do know the brown tabby girls have very few issues.  But, against that, I have Biscuit, almost all white and very few flea issues.  So that's that.  Some cats are just more prone.  

They have all been dosed, that's the important thing.  Cleo will feel so much better, she is a little outraged I did her but not mean or anything, just betrayed.  She will get over it.  She has really done so well.  

I remember one very sad encounter at the vet about a year ago, I had one of the new cats in there and there was a cat howling and cursing away in the other room.  The vet tech came in and I asked what was going on, she said his owner had just died, the family had brought the cat in to try to re-home it and it looked like they were going to have to advise euthanasia.  I remembered thinking I hoped my cats would never be that bad.  

Torbie would bounce, Baby Girl, Biscuit, and Spotty would be OK with a little work, I don't know about Cleo.  

That's it for now (running the clean cycle on the washer).  

No comments: