Saturday, February 9, 2013

The last thing I want

Well, I have 2 awesome cats and a sinus infection.  Yuck. 

When I had that viral sinus thing back in December, I was so glad I was not clogged up.  I didn't escape this time. 

Somewhere between the fevers, the roots of my teeth killing me (it reminded me of getting my braces adjusted), and the drilling agony, it dawned one me - 2 AM.  "I have a sinus infection".  I won't go into any more details. 

Hot tea, hot compresses, medication, herbs, all have been used, to some effect.  The pain is bearable.  I can sort of breathe though my nose.  I'm draining, not as much as I'd like, but something. 

I might make some veggie soup with red pepper in it.  That ought to get things excited.  I was even thinking about wasabi, but I don't have any. 

The last couple days, Ron's been asking me if I want to go anywhere.  One of the ways his love language, acts of service, manifests, is in giving me transportation where I'd like to go.  However, I want to stay home. 

The last thing I want is to get some poor driver or other service professional sick with this misery! 

So, between 2 and about 5 I was awake.  Baby Girl slept on Ron's wheelchair, but woke up when Bubba came home around 4.  He got up on the sofa next to me, and followed me when I went to bed.  We had a good cuddle. 

When I finally got up around 9, Baby Girl, laying on her side, extended both paws towards me.  I put out a hand, and she kneaded it gently as she meowed.  What sweet babies. 

When I got up at 9, I weighed myself, down two more pounds, to 221.  So that's 12.8 pounds lost. 

That was a happy discovery. 

No comments: