Thursday, February 14, 2013

Extrovert

"I love you" I told Bubba as I stroked his silky black head "But if I give you more ground beef you'll get sick!"
That's right, Valentine's Day at my house: go to work, come home, bringing "homework" (a vending machine manual).  Take a nap, wake up, Ron eats a TV dinner and some popcorn, I cook myself some macaroni with ground beef. 

The cats love cooked ground beef, and I use very mild paprika to season the meat.  Bubba ate about a quarter cup, don't let him fool you.  Baby Girl ate a couple of Tablespoons.  Ron loves it when I spoil her. 

"She's pretty cute" I tell him.  She is so Ron's cat, it's touching and amusing all at once. 

It made me so angry, thinking about the burglary, because I just knew she was reclining happily in my chair when those cheese brains kicked in the door.  They must have scared her.  Grr.  Thank God she could run out the cat door. 

It sounds odd, but I do hope "my" thieves are still alive.  I hope they do take the chance to repent and get saved.  I would like to see them in heaven one day, along with all the other done-me-wrongs. 

Work was pretty quiet.  I stocked, did what I needed to do.  Our evil coin mech in the bottled soda vendor keeps jamming and ripping people off.  I HATE that.  Hate it. 

I have tried to fix it, but no luck, so we set all prices to $1 and I put up a note "Bills only, coins WILL jam, sorry", taping over the coin slot.  If they put the coins in after that, well, I'm sorry, I did what I could.  Most of our revenue comes from bills, anyway. 

When I get an opportunity, I think we're going in on Saturday, I will take the thing off and do a throrough workup.  I need a right angle bit driver, for it. 

Every now and then, I recognize, "I'm the daughter of an engineer, the grandaughter of an airplane mechanic, the niece of a CPA."  I have a lot of left brain and I don't mind getting my hands a little dirty. 

It's funny, because I always see myself as more of an intuitive, feeling, person, but personality tests always say I am an extroverted, analytical, person.  Interesting. 

Ron has become an introvert.  He smiles at me now because I am the outgoing person. 

I think we balance each other well. 

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I always find it interesting how US money has paper dollar bills. I wish we still did. They got rid of our paper dollar bill and two dollar bill a long time ago..now we have coins, and they're soo annoying to carry around.