Monday, February 18, 2013

Poor Bubba

I bought some easter eggs and easter candy yesterday.   I had a vision of hiding them in the vending machines, behind merchandise, for the customers to discover when they made a purchase.   Ron loved the idea when I told him. 

He wanted me to put happy faces on the eggs, in fact.  I told him they were very brightly colored, and he was happy.  It is awesome to have a supportive boss. 

My "new" food machine is not giving change.  It is very frustrating, the "new" machine being such a booger!  The coin mechanism on the bottled soda vendor is still acting up, I need to realign it I think.  I'll pray over it before I start working. 

God allows various trials - right now they are work trials.  Bad sales and naughty vending machines.  Happily, we have a very good relationship with the repairman and he's coming out tomorrow. 

I also got yelled at by a customer, who accused me of "raising prices".  The other vendor is selling coffee more cheaply - I don't have an issue with that, but the guy acted like our prices had "just" been 50 cents and we had recently increased it, "ripping him off".  I told him, we've had this machine for 9 years.  When it was installed, we set prices at 75 cents.  The other vendor is supposed to have been charging 75 cents for the last 9 years.  If you make a stink our manager will force them to raise all their prices to 75 cents.  

Sometimes I think people only buy merchandise so they can yell at me.  Ron reminds me "Don't take it personally". 

It's tiring.  I just want to go in, maintain and fill my machines, make sure the customers have delicious choices, take care of any legitimate customer needs, and go home. 

After grumpy left, I started hiding my easter eggs.  Surprisingly, I found a lot of places in the cold food vending machine. Once we get the "new" one fixed, I'll be putting some in there, too.   I also got some small baggies today so I can tape a bag with candy to the back of snack items. 

Ron is taking me to get more snack inventory pretty soon.  Good, I need it.  At least the chips and pastries are selling. 

After work, we came home for a little bit, and then went to our other location.  It's near a dollar store, so I got more eggs and candy, and finally, my toenail clippers.  Then I got lunch and took it to Ron.  We ate, and our ride came when we finished.  It doesn't always work that way, but when it does, it's nice. 

We came home and I took a nap.  I felt horrible when Bubba got into bed with me, by my feet. 

I was awakened, twice, in the middle of the night.  I had rolled over on Bubba both times, and he was struggling to free himself.  When I woke up from my nap, he was gone. 

Poor Bubba. 

No comments: