Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No grudges

Ron woke me up last night, talking in his sleep.  I got up, went over to his room, and shut his door, saying "It's the door for you".  I didn't know he was asleep.  He woke up cranky.  Not a good half hour. 

I figured, if you're talking in your sleep I can just shut the door without talking, but Ron wants me to get the digital recorder, record him talking, and then wake him up.  What? 

Trying to be delicate here; see Ron believes I hallucinated him talking.  Even though I have "proven" in the past that he does sleep talk. 

In "How to act right when your spouse acts wrong" Leslie talks about how Ron's faults reveal my own failures.  I was lying in bed, thinking, "Ron and I are looking at this through completely different lenses.  He is feeling persecuted because I 'woke him up'.  I am feeling persecuted because he won't let me go back to sleep."  Eventually, we both fell asleep. 

I woke up really tired.  Why?  I want to blame Ron, but it's not like he said "I'm going to talk in my sleep".  I did wake him up.  God knows I get very cranky if anyone disturbs my sleep. 

Ron woke up in a very good, normal mood.  Yay.  I hate grudges, having them, or having them against me.  Off to Walmart in a bit. 

I need more dairy stuff (yogurt, cottage cheese, milk), maybe toothpaste.  I need to make a deposit so things don't bounce. 

So, I'm off to try to make it a good one.  I really believe life is 90% how we respond, and only 10% what happens.  Not very grammatical but you get the idea. 

No comments: