Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blind fashion advisor

I had a great morning.  I got up, took my shower.  I used the new hair stuff, combed it in.  Hair looks and feels great.  I wisely ate and took my medication before putting on the new blouse. 

"The Purple" Ron replied when I asked.  Yes, I ask him fashion advice!  I wore it with my jeans and sandals.  I felt very comfortable.  I noticed it was from Lane Bryant, so I guess that means I have 2 designer shirts. 

My weight is stuck.  Discouraging.  I have a couple ideas.  1.  Not eating any vegetables.  2.  Hormonal issues - in one low carb book the author said a woman can forget about weight loss, and just hope to maintain, for the last 2 weeks of her cycle.  I'm not sure about that but it seems to apply to my case.  3.  I have been going over my allotted 100 carbs a day - not every day but a few. 

Our ride was an hour late.  We barely made it there on time.  Ron and I agreed we'll attend the early service - everyone is up and about at 10 AM, ready to go shop, eat, etc.  A 7 AM pickup is a lot more feasible - and when we did it we had good trips. 

I just had to wait for Ron to work around to it.  On the way to church, we picked up the woman who lives in the bad apartment complex not far from our house - the one where the guy pointed a gun at me, a couple months ago. 

When I really lived in the ghetto, I never had any troubles.  It's only living in a middle class neighborhood - or maybe it's the fact that I rededicated my life to God and serve Him.  I don't know. 

At any rate, I detest that apartment complex.  They charge over $700 a month, trash everywhere, loose dogs, and I would hate to go there at night.  Happily, I don't live there. 

So, we got to church.  Got our ride and off we went.  We verified it would work to attend the early service.  Went to church, came home, and went to the warehouse. 

I needed supplies.  Sadly, donut lady, they were out of donuts.  As we rode over to the warehouse, I asked Ron what donut sold better when he stocked the machines (up until about 9 months ago).  "Chocolate" he told me. 

It was madness.  I parked Ron and headed off to the pastries.  I got honey buns, chocolate zingers, cheese danish, and cinnamon rolls.  I looked, in vain, for chocolate donuts, but they were sold out.  Clearly, Ron was right. 

I got the drinks he needed and we left.  Our vehicle almost ran out of gas on the way home, but it didn't.  Yay. 

Neighbors are having a party, so I turned up MY music.  I couldn't hear anything but my stuff.  It was great.  Ron just came by and told me they turned their music down - I guess they are watching the game.  They are talking loudly in the backyard, though. 

So, I'm still listening to music but not as loud. 

Not a bad weekend. 

No comments: