Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wait on You

Well, depending on how my God Time goes, this will go either one of two ways. 

Either way, I would like to post a little tribute to Mr Bubba - my black cat.  He has been very loving of late. 

In fact, if I set my alarm early, I get a cuddle from him, pet him, good times.  A wonderful way to start the day.  I set tomorrow's alarm over half an hour early for just that purpose. 

Not to be outdone, Baby Girl left a dead lizard by my chair.  She loves me too.  She always gets rather distressed when she sees us cleaning the litter box.  That meme about "Stealing my poop" applies perfectly.  cartoon  Just substitute a freaked out brown tabby for the fat gray one. 

OK, off to do my God Time. 

"Wait on God".  I keep getting that message. 

It applies in several areas of my life: Ron's ongoing alcohol issue.  I'll say this, but it sounds awful -but I'm not going to hide something because it makes me look bad.  Even drinking, Ron treats me very well, most of the time, these days.  He is appreciative, respectful.  He doesn't curse me or call me names, 99.9% of the time.  He's helpful, tonight he changed the litter box.  He is considerate, wanting to provide me with transportation pretty much anywhere I need to go.  When you consider he could ride 2 hours each way, plus however long I'm there, that's a big sacrifice for a guy who'd really rather be lying in bed.  If I wanted a thing, he would do everything he could to get it for me. 

So, as far as concerns me, the alcohol use isn't really hurting me.  However, it's hurting Ron and that grieves me. 

I was able to take my heart before God tonight and say "Is there anyone I haven't forgiven?"  The answer is no.  I have either forgiven, or am in the process of forgiveness, with everyone who has hurt me and my loved ones (mainly Ron).  I pray for them daily - of course I had to ask God to put His love in my heart, and also ask Him to give me the will to pray for them - which He did, because that's what God does. 

I also wonder about the evangelism.  The way I see it, God has "only" had me treat people with kindness.  It doesn't seem like a big deal to get a driver a slice of pizza or some cookies, but that has been IT for me, lately.  He doesn't want me doing overt evangelism right now.  Ron and I are always sharing testimony. 

Of course I wonder, is there anything I could do?  "Wait on God"  OK, Lord. 

It's been my experience, God has me on hold for a while, then I have a period of insane evangelism activity for a while, leaving me exhausted, and then He puts me on hold again.  In the meantime here I am, sitting in my chair, waiting to be called up. 

"Wait on God" as I battle yet another depression. 
"Wait on God" as I pray for Ron to be delivered. 
"Wait on God" as I see hurting souls everywhere. 

Your will, not mine.  I guess I'll wait on You. 

No comments: