Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If you pray

Ron and I had a very good conversation today.  He talked about finances, and we decided to cut the cell phone plan.  We only use about 800 minutes between us; so why not reduce the plan?  We did that, saving $50.  That will pay the water bill and $25 to spare.   

We also discussed the possibility of me working another job.  He is pretty much onboard.  He says the money I make is mine, and I will keep the money I make from the business - I see saving in my future. 

For instance, we have a drippy kitchen sink.  We need a new faucet, this is 30 years old.  All the seals are shot - but a new faucet isn't cheap.  We just twist it really tight when we shut off the water, but that won't last forever.  I don't want to bother my friends unless I have an emergency. 

It would be nice to save up and get a new one.  I also need to fix the siding on the north side of the house. Eventually paint the house, things like that.  Property tax - it would be nice to pay that, and the insurance, without getting out the credit card. 

Now, it is possible that God may want me to live more on faith.  If He doesn't want me working another job, I am fine with that. 

If God does want me working another job, I'm fine with that.  I need to stay busy.  If I sit I brood.  Good for my independence. 

I mean, God forbid anything happened to Ron I am immediately unemployed.  It would be nice to have my own income stream, especially if the business continues to deteriorate.  Sales are about 20% what they were 5 years ago, and don't you know Ron and I are kicking our own butts over the fact we didn't save any money. 

I don't think my jar of change counts. 

So, we went to work, got the machine fixed (it was a bad part and nothing I did).  Ron and I worked on the other machine for a while.  He is a one-handed whiz with that right angle bit driver.  We got it partly fixed.  In the meantime the machine takes dollars. 

I did an inventory, because boy do we need snacks.  We get those tomorrow. 

I stocked sodas, made up some more easter eggs for the machines.  Ron is just delighted. 

Pretty soon, time to go.  We went to the bank and made a very small deposit into personal, covering the bills.  Ron hashed out the new cell phone plan (free nights and weekends, 1000 shared minutes). 

We went home, I tried to take a nap, but the demon toilet flooded on me.  I'd love to get that toilet redone, or a new one, one day. 

Once I mopped up (literally, and Ron was great about bringing the mop), I took my nap.  We got up and went to the chicken place. 

Guess who was hiring?  Yup.  I found that encouraging, and it's right on the bus line. 

I like the manager, too. 

However, I will be praying and seeking God's will on this, because I have learned I don't want to go out of His will.  His will, not mine. 

Ron ate most of 3 chicken specials.  We got one for the driver, who is a food snob and declined it.  So, Ron split the 4th chicken special with the cats (he deboned and skinned it before feeding to the cats).  They had a good time.  Bubba is still stretched and comatose on the couch behind me. 

Sadly, after the rollovers and smashing him in bed the other night, he has not returned to my bed.  He still lets me pet him, though. 

So, if you pray, please ask God to make His will clear to me. I want to please God. 

If possible, I would also like to take some financial stress off Ron. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider your migraines when going for employment heather. I know, I had a job before migraines now I have an FMLA to protect my job. You can not start a job with an FMLA.
Have you ever tried to file to the state to be Rons caretaker? State vary but some will pay you if they deem Ron as in need of one

I dontnwant to hear the " Ron is too proud" because that is crap. He is your husband obviously loves you ...yes he cares for you when he can, but YOU are his care taker in the practical sense.

Just a thought Texas may not have that available ..but it s a great program, or fie yourself, bipolar, FAS and you horrid at least monthly migraines add up to some kind of either educational or finacially benefit. But then I am a democrat ( wink and laugh) I hope for the best dear Heather good luck!

Jillian said...

Here's hoping your discernment process brings you to what is God's will for you.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I would definitely get disability for the FAS or the bipolar, I've been told. The migraines are just a bonus.

Right now *I'm* too proud to apply, but I will mention the caregiver thing to Ron. He needs help with several of his ADL's (activities of daily living), so I think he'd qualify.