Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Interesting People

I had a pretty busy day off. 

I went to bed early last night and slept 12 hours straight.  I think I'm going to cut out the Loratadine (OTC allergy medication).  I think it's causing the fatigue.  If that doesn't work I'll get some blood tests. 

Ron and I went to Walmart, with him in the wheelchair.  Ron was kind of sullen because he's broke.  He likes to get me things, even if it's just a bottle of soda.  We still had a good time. 

I had fun pushing him around in the wheelchair.  I found a nice honeysuckle candle, huge, for $5.  I have been very impressed with the Walmart candles.  I have a Jasmine Gardenia, and a Vanilla Spice.  I tend to favor spice and floral notes. 

I realized, during a bad depression last year, I love candles.  I had a nice candle at the time and I just stared at it.  I thought, if I love candles why is the cap on?  Why am I not burning it?  So, I did.  When I can, I like to get a scented candle - and thankfully Walmart has them in my budget. 

I got cat treats (also an important line item in the budget), and some drink mix.  I looked for good water bottles.  I didn't see any in housewares, but I found a NICE stainless steel one, on clearance, in the camping section for $1.  I can take that with me tomorrow. 

I also got some cleaning stuff, and figured out the shout gel.  They used to have a product called "Shout Gel".  It was a white cylinder.  Now, they have something else, it's called "Shout Advanced", and it's in blue packaging.  I'm glad I figured it out.  The Resolve stick is useless. 

Shopping accomplished, we checked out.  We had a good ride home. 

I mentioned I was a little depressed, and Ron said "Well, why don't you take that bitter orange extract diet pill you got at the Dollar Store?  You said that helped last time".  The pill is made in America - I'm not stupid. 

Well, I was stupid enough to listen.  Not a very good nap, let me tell you.  When I did drop off, I had nightmares. 

I got up and the Bibles arrived!  I got 2 cases of children's New Testaments, one case of adult NT, and some Spanish.  Boy, were they heavy. 

I got them in. 

Then I de-hoarded the front room and made room for the new Bibles.  The goal, of course, in my mind is to always be running out of Bibles but that's going to take a few handouts! 

Ron's still talking about the Good Friday Handout last year, where we moved 120 Bibles in half an hour!  Wow.  That was all God.  We're just the distributors. 

Unless it rains, we're going out there again on Good Friday this year. 

I got everything settled pretty well, but it did take a while.  I had Hoarders on while I worked.  Horrible depression.  I had to do up the Bibles

Note, "Doing up" a Bible takes different forms.  Today, for the NT, I put in "Where to Look in the New Testament", a tract, and stamped it with church contact info.  For the whole Bibles (the pastor gave me some), I stamped it, put in a tract, and put in a one-page testimony (How I got saved and how it changed my life, what God has done for me on one page).  I'm not putting anything in the kiddie Bibles, or the Spanish.  I don't feel God leading me to that.  So, that's how I'm doing these up.

Now, I could go out there and just hand them out of the box.  I've done that.  In fact, God has pointed out I can get hung up on the ritual of doing up the Bibles a certain way - and that is not pleasing to Him.  At any rate, I think He approves. 

I did up about 30, I have limits on my hand cart space.  Ron is adamant he is not coming, it will be cold, etc.  I need to pray and figure out how many more I can bring - the adult Bibles, the children's NT, and the Spanish already done. 

Now, just in case that guy is still around - I'm not shoving Bibles onto kids, behind their parent's backs.  If a car stops, I ask "Do you have kids?  Would they like a Bible too?  How many?"  I do that until I run out.  Although, one one handout, the father brought his little girl over to the median and encouraged her to walk up to me and ask for a Bible.  It was so cute.  "Would Daddy like one too?" 

I meet some interesting people. 

No comments: