Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Something in the "butter"

Jillian, I swear you were in my computer "Don't do the diet pills, they do bad things to your metabolism".  Today found me at the Dollar Store, where I picked up some "Diet Dots" (they are made in America).  I didn't have my usual depression - not as bad, at least, so I was seriously thinking about buying a more serious product.  OK!  I'll wait! 

The day started off pretty depressed.  I couldn't even apply my hair stuff - I was doing well to wash it, brush it, and get it into the ponytail.  I was really proud of myself for pouring some veggie juice to go with my breakfast. 

We had great rides, all day.  We went to work, met the repairman.  He fixed the lock in 5 seconds, then fixed the coffee machine and leveled the food machine.  He didn't need to program it. I had. 

He was very nice about my mistake.  I always like to see him.  He left and I stocked sodas.  Then I put all the merchandise back in the food machine (the one with the, ah, lock).  I helped Ron with various things and he said I had been a huge help today. 

I really like to hear that - and he listened when I told him.  Good guy. 

We went home and he fell asleep for a while.  I woke him up when our next ride arrived.  Another great driver. 

Then we went to the Christian bookstore.  Ron serviced the machine while I ran to the Dollar Store.  He's been wanting microwave popcorn, I found his favorite brand in a 3-pack for a dollar.  I called him - yes, he wanted it. 

I never eat popcorn - migraines.  Yup.  I can eat a corn tortilla, but not popcorn.  Maybe it's something in the "butter". 

I got a few little things for the house, some instant drink mix for me, and some driver candy.  I paid up.  Next stop, Arby's. 

I can honestly take or leave most fast food.  Especially the french fries.  These days, most french fries are limp, unsalted, horridly non-crispy atrocities.  Except Arby's.  Oh, I love their curly fries. 

They are the only fry I eat.  When I was home, I checked, and determined I could eat a medium without blowing my carbs for the day.  I ordered a medium, and a couple of value sandwiches.  I take the bread off and just eat the meat. 

Ron is addicted to the Arby's fish sandwich.  They were on special, so he had me get him 2.  I was teasing him while he ate, putting a "paw" on him and meowing like the kitten. He growled as he continued to eat.  I think that's one food item he won't share with her. 

I brought the food back, and we ate, drinking sodas out of our vending machine (diet of course).  We finished up right about the pickup time, went out, there's our ride, ANOTHER guy I like. 

We had an excellent ride home and I took a nap. 

We have tomorrow off.  We are supposed to get severe rain, but I did have a nice little "hour out" today so I'm happy. 

I also have plenty of good books, lavender bubble bath, and powdered drink mix.  Or I could make a big pitcher of decaf green tea with lemon slices and drink that while sitting in the tub. 

Sounds fun.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Ha! Glad I could help. :)
I just know that diet pills are bad news. They can also have an effect on your heart and other scary things, there have been many law suits over diet pills.
I think of it this way; if it were that easy to lose weight (by popping a pill) no one would be overweight! It takes work, unfortunately.
We're different when it comes to fast food..I can't stand Arby's. The only real fast food place I like a lot is McDonald's (I know, I know..) and then A&W, which I see as a "higher end" fast food..love the Teen burgers. Do you have A&W where you are?

Heather Knits said...

The only one I know of is in a bad area. Ron and I used to live almost directly next to an A&W that was badly managed. It kind of turned us off.

We also had a donut shop a block away. We could smell them frying donuts every night. It really killed my taste for donuts, which is a good thing.

Living in the house, I have to go at least a mile and a half to get any food, but there's a lot of it all clumped together at a busy intersection.

Jillian said...

Ahhh. Yeah, we have some really bad neighbourhoods here too (trust me). We actually live a little too close to comfort near one.