Saturday, February 23, 2013

That badly

So, I stood in my front room this morning, dumping ice into a bucket.  As I shoved bottles into the ice, I started singing "Poppin' bottles in the ice/like a blizzard/when we drink we do it right...." 

[Here's the song link: http://youtu.be/VYaygLi1Qd0

You see, when I got the computer, it had music.  I liked G6 so I kept it.  I now have various dance tunes in addition to my gospel metal, gospel rap, contemporary Christian, and old hymns. 

So, what's up with the bucket?  Well, Thursday night Pete called.  He is leaving town, for good (he does contract computer work), on Monday.  He wanted to finish a few home repairs before he left. 

Ron told him, we had to work Friday morning, but were free after that.  However, I didn't have time to get any drinks or snacks.  We got home from work on Friday and Pete and Linda came by.  We worked on the siding issue, the horrible curled up nasty siding on the north side of the house.  We got that nailed - screwed actually, then went out to dinner. 

I was exhausted.  I literally went straight to bed and slept 12 hours straight.  Ron reminded me, I hadn't had my nap.  I didn't know I needed it that badly!   

I am still coming to terms with that - but it's clear another job is pretty much out of the question for me. 

I got up this morning, took my shower, cleaned the shower, took everything out of the shower (Pete wanted to do some caulking), and went to Walmart.  I got some drinks (water, powerade, and Coke for Linda), and a bag of ice.  I had a clean, unused bucket at home.  I got some sausage biscuits for me, I like them for breakfast and they aren't stalling me.  I got myself some soda, and some driver candy, and time to go. 

So, we left.  Came home and Pete and Linda were in our driveway.  I ran in the house and put the drinks in the ice bucket, adding some water.  Then I got a few things we needed and ran outside again. 

3 hours later, I remembered the sausage biscuits!  I wish I could have seen my face!  I had a good laugh at myself and put them in the fridge.  They were frozen when I left them out so they're fine.  I'm glad I didn't get the egg ones [shudder]. 

Today, I did a lot of painting.  I painted all the repaired trim to match the house.  Well, it sort of matches.  The computer got it wrong.  Agh.  Worst case I may need to paint an 8 x 36 foot wall. 

After we finished, we went to the taqueria, where I ate a good meal and took all my pills.  We said our goodbyes (we will see them again at church tomorrow), and I did get a nap.  I kept having nightmares about missing church, and finally got up. 

The neighbors (the wall is on the zero property line so the wall is the actual property line) were very nice about giving me access.  I think they were happy we were fixing the eyesore.  They have little kids, and now it's little-kid safe.  They were gone all day so I had plenty of time to paint. 

I had to bend over a lot.  And I'm fat.  I hope my back is forgiving. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful friend in someone who's last task in town is to come help fix up your home

How coolis that heather good for you and him
I bet they will miss you guys!