Sunday, February 24, 2013

Act like it

I tried, repeatedly, to do video blogs but they kept getting eaten.  Sorry. 

I woke up at 5 AM, did my God time (I don't go on about the God Time to moralize you or make you feel bad, but just to show that God Time is a part of every day).  I ate a breakfast and we caught our ride to church. 

Since we had an early pickup, going to early service, it worked great.  We had a 40 minute layover at Starbucks waiting on our second ride. 

The church is worth all the hassle.   I did have a fleeting, envious thought, that we probably had the most difficulty of anyone, getting there. 

Here comes the ice cream truck.  Oh, I love this town. 

Church was good.  I had a "revelation" I have completely forgotten.  Oh, well, it'll come back.

I did decide to strip the front room of anything but Bibles, remote control, and furniture.  Then I can finally put up a photo. It will be pretty challenging getting rid of everything.  I don't have a lot of stuff, but I have a terrible difficulty deciding where things ought to go. 

Once I do that, I need to move "it" in here and then my bedroom.  I know what I'll be doing with my next mania.

I am mildly depressed, but not bad. 

Good sermon.  It's interesting, if you asked 10 different people what the sermon told them, you'd get 10 different answers.  I got "Keep up the evangelism, seek God's will, don't let attacks get you down". 

I also decided to ask for a couple cases of Bibles - they have loads of nice paperback Bibles and they trust me to distribute them properly.  I even told them I'd be going to Acres Homes! 

I love the church, they're like "Oh, cool" when a normal person would be screaming "Don't go there, they'll kill you!".  When I got the Bibles, I did ask for prayer for Shirley (the lady who went to Georgia and told my friend she saw me doing handouts), and the recipients.  Pastor is always happy to help with that. 

So, prayed up, toting 2 boxes of Bibles, I headed back to Starbucks.  Our pickup driver got lost.  We met up, though, and had a straight trip home. 

I'm not saying this to boast, but to illustrate a very sad point.  I bought some nice bags of trail mix.  If you go to Walmart, the "Indulgent" trail mix.  It's a very nice, good sized individual serving of trail mix. 

Metrolift Sunday riders, the "Church Ladies", are notorious for being difficult and demanding.  Some drivers won't even drive on Sundays as a result.  So, I like to go above and beyond on Sundays. 

The first driver got a trail mix, loved it.  Our return driver was shocked when I gave it to him.  "2 years I've been driving, you are the first to give me something".  Oh, I thought that was so sad. 

I mean, it wasn't all selfless - I just wanted to make sure I was "representing".  If he's putting 2 cases of Bibles in the backseat, I had better act like I'm reading them. 

It's just common sense, I think.  Even if I weren't a "nice" person, and I like to think I am. 

He kept remarking on it all the way home.  You should have seen him when I brought him a bottle of water. 

The way I see it, if I'm with Jesus, I had BETTER act like it. 

Then I went to bed and took a long nap.  Did some housework, laundry, litter box, etc.  Blog.  Then call Mom and Dad. 

First, though, I have to move the 2 cases of Bibles out of my chair.  It's the good cell phone spot in the house. 

No comments: